What's Spinning Tonight?

Redbook

Bluesy with some of the top musicians. A really together album.
A bit harsh perhaps, but easily resolved by getting the analog version.
...Or by backing off the high frequencies...with the treble tone control.
Also, it requires the perfect matching volume level, meaning 'live'.
And, tubes might be preferable. ...With soft dome tweeters.

? Try this link instead -> http://eachvideo.com/watch?v=SE9HXUblERU
Listen to the upright double bass acoustic bass guitar...and the harmonica;
they are in your room, live, and the vocals...spooky...like Halloween is comin'.
Can you also ear the guitar, the drums, the cymbals, the Hammond B3 organ piano?

_____

Bonus:

Extra:

Last edited:
Haven't posted in this thread in awhile
Xmas discs in rotation after a few days I'll put a new group in.

Sound of Christmas- Ramsey Lewis Trio
Christmas Album - Neil Diamond
At Christmas - James Taylor
Peace Round - Yellowjackets
Christmas Album - Sarah McLachlan

Sorry you are right. I think I was thinking of the 2009 remaster.

Ok.

I can tell you that the Anadisc sounds better than all other versions I have heard. Having said that, I think the recording in general is not really an a'phile recording. Mobile Fidelity chose and continue to choose albums to reissue that are, at least IMO, chosen for the simple reason that they are potential money makers for Music Direct. ( In the old days for just Mobile Fidelity). Whether these LP's deserve to be reissued to the a'phile market is questionable. As an example of this, I strongly suspect that the new MFSL Bridge Over Troubled Water on One Step will be very marginal ( in the SQ)....for one reason...the original recording was quite muddy and basically dry and almost unlistenable ( as to SQ...obviously the music is great). I will be VERY surprised if the market reacts well to the SQ of the new One Step release! ( although, I am sure it will be better than all other versions...which isn't saying much!). Again, I suspect there will be some very disappointed fellows who will push their new MFSL Bridge down the way. ( Still asking X times what they paid however..and getting it from the less informed collectors).

Not all direct to disc are worth listening.
I just bought these two. I could not get through side A.

IMG_3286.JPG

Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing