What's Spinning Tonight?

Melody Gardot, "Worrisome Heart", 45rpm, Universal.

"Miles From India: A Celebration of the Music of Miles Davis"

I had this on CD, and finally got to the 3LP version. Sound is fantastic, and the interpretations are very good, with lots of Miles alumni onboard! Highly recommended, in CD or LP format!

Attachments

• 2258319.jpg
    2258319.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 152
What do you think of the sound of this LP? It is a mono recording and doesn't get a lot of great press. I have not heard the MFSL version...so am questioning if I should put it on my short list?

Yes, it's mono, but sounds very good to me. Definitely worth having.

"Miles From India: A Celebration of the Music of Miles Davis"

I had this on CD, and finally got to the 3LP version. Sound is fantastic, and the interpretations are very good, with lots of Miles alumni onboard! Highly recommended, in CD or LP format!
Wow, I haven't heard of this one. Thanks for the heads up.

My first title from Melanie De Biasio and Wow! She is good. Blackened Cities available in HiRes and it's just one 24 minute track of sublime modern jazz, very cinematic and just flows from start to end. Fabulous cover too. I must check her back catalogue.
image.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing