What's Spinning Tonight?

SACD -- DSD -- hi-fi stereo

https://youtu.be/3J59fSD4cUQ

Mika Vainio / Franck Vigroux Ignis EP (Cosmo Rhythmatic)

CR08_distribution_preview.jpg

Mika Vainio + Ryoji Ikeda + Alva Noto Live 2002 (Noton)

92275.jpg

Richard Chartier Central (for M. Vainio) (Line)

100556.jpg

Roll The Dice & Alessandro Cortini Hydra (The New Black)

artworks-000359360826-teyppo-t500x500.jpg

Ben Chatwin Staccato Signals (Village Green)

104129.jpg

Last edited:
@Ron. Your lovely lady Tinka will love this album. Excellent jazz cover of iconic pop songs. The recording is not golden ear standard but acceptable given good music. Playing now with GFS. The sound stage width is beyond my side walls a few feet.

C3A3619C-AEEC-4FB7-893F-3CB25012E48F.jpg

This one with better sound. Excellent boutique chic music.

8C90305A-915C-4716-91D2-0785CF3E4454.jpg

Tang

Recomposed By Max Richter: Vivaldi - The Four Seasons. first class pressing of a lovely album. 2012 - Optimal pressing - Germany

[? 43016409514_037acab4af_b.jpg

I just bought one. Thanks for recommending XV.

Tang

Pleasure Tang. see if you can pick up the other 2 Max albums as well.

The Lyra Etna SL does do classical well.

Johann, Johann Und Josef Strauss - Berliner Philharmoniker · Herbert von Karajan ?– An Der Schönen Blauen Donau - Melodien Von Johann Und Josef Strauss. This pressing must be all of 60gms and you can flex it like a thin piece of cardboard - perfect pressing thou. 180gm vinyl sux.:D

42829539565_83b69bb06f_b.jpg

Good to see music is thriving at the Whats Best Audio Gear forum :)

Bohren & Der Club Of Gore ?– Black Earth. 2016 PIAS reissue of the 2002 album. pressed @ MPO - Its very good. ambient doom jazz

28865367097_2f6c8e1a19_b.jpg

Pleasure Tang. see if you can pick up the other 2 Max albums as well.

Yes I did pick up the other two. They arrived a few days ago.
Shane I really want to recommend the Hilary Hahn Retrospective album to you. Her performance of Richter is emotional moving. The recording is excellent and direct to disc. You cannot not have this.

I agree we should have more music posts on this forum other than gears talk.

Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing