Bricasti M28 Amp

skolis

Mar 10, 2015
I have now added Bricasti's response to the Web reprint of the M28 review.
http://www.stereophile.com/content/...noblock-power-amplifier-manufacturers-comment

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Hey John: Thanks for that. Just for fun I went back to read your review of the M1 in Feb 2012. The (obvious to me) consideration
would be to pair the M1 with the M28s, sans a preamp. Now that the M1 has a USB port, would you be willing to venture a guess that
a USB connection would / would not improve the SQ or, make no difference?
thx

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Again, the M28's couldn't drive a 2ohm load in the Stereophile review.
Being able to drive a speaker is an ENTIRELY different concept. There are receivers that will play Wilsons "as loud as you could possibly want". I really don't understand how you cannot understand this.

Please cool it on the finger wagging. I know of what I speak. I am a degreed engineer and understand electricity and electronics well. Your remarks, however, suggest an agenda to discredit and without actually listening to the amplifiers. Prove me otherwise: when and where did you hear them, and with what speakers and other associated equipment?

Additionally, the amplifier's output is current limited for safety reasons at very low impedances. In other words if it puts out nominally 200 watts into 8 ohms, the power output won't keep doubling down into 2 ohms. Speakers with 2 ohm impedances tend to do so in spot regions, i.e. narrow impedance dips rather than broadband. So in terms of real world loudspeaker loads, the M28 is unconditionally stable. It will run at 1/3 full power all day long and not get hot; many other amplifiers can't handle it.

Meanwhile, I reiterate: "The fact of the matter is the M28 will drive practically any real world speaker load without limitations. But don't take my word for it: please go and actually listen to them."

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Please cool it on the finger wagging. I know of what I speak. I am a degreed engineer and understand electricity and electronics well. Your remarks, however, suggest an agenda to discredit and without actually listening to the amplifiers. Prove me otherwise: when and where did you hear them, and with what speakers and other associated equipment?

Additionally, the amplifier's output is current limited for safety reasons at very low impedances. In other words if it puts out nominally 200 watts into 8 ohms, the power output won't keep doubling down into 2 ohms. Speakers with 2 ohm impedances tend to do so in spot regions, i.e. narrow impedance dips rather than broadband. So in terms of real world loudspeaker loads, the M28 is unconditionally stable. It will run at 1/3 full power all day long and not get hot; many other amplifiers can't handle it.

Meanwhile, I reiterate: "The fact of the matter is the M28 will drive practically any real world speaker load without limitations. But don't take my word for it: please go and actually listen to them."

Brian

Why don't you cool it. You obviously have an agenda as you are a Bricasti dealer. And you obviously like to read between the lines or can't read and comprehend at all.
I never said anything about how these amps sound or if they can or can't drive speakers. What I said was these amps can't drive a 2 ohm load (which means 2 ohms until clipping, thanks Don) and for me that was a deal breaker. How can I put in any clearer for you?

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Brian

Why don't you cool it. You obviously have an agenda as you are a Bricasti dealer. And you obviously like to read between the lines or can't read and comprehend at all.
I never said anything about how these amps sound or if they can or can't drive speakers. What I said was these amps can't drive a 2 ohm load (which means 2 ohms until clipping, thanks Don) and for me that was a deal breaker. How can I put in any clearer for you?

Since you continually bang the drum about the single point of driving a 2 ohm load to clipping yet have not responded to my questions nor have identified yourself, there is no point in continuing this. Others who have actually heard the amplifiers almost unanimously love them. By inference you haven't, because you stubbornly cling to a measurement and refuse to put down the calculator even though Bricasti has rigorously addressed such concerns and designed the amplifier to be practical and pretty much bulletproof, including accidental shorting of output terminals.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I am pleased to announce that Brian Zolner of Bricasti Design will be here on Saturday, June 27 and Sunday, June 28, 2015 from 1 to 5pm each day, speaking about and demonstrating the M28 amplifiers and M1 DAC. Space is limited, so RSVPs are encouraged. Refreshments provided. For details and to reserve a spot please call or email me. Demonstrations are available at other times by appointment.

m1_dac_front_side33.jpg

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Curious on how the demo went at Essential Audio of the Briscasti M28 amps? Looking to hear great things about this amp!

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Curious on how the demo went at Essential Audio of the Briscasti M28 amps? Looking to hear great things about this amp!

Very well, thanks. Demonstrating them again here this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, in the full reference system, including the M1 DAC fed by the Aurender N10 music server. The Atma-Sphere MP-1 preamp will be in the system, and vinyl will be spinning on the Kuzma Ref/4Point/CAR-50 analog rig, too. Everyone is invited. Refreshments, relaxing, fun, informative. Email or call me for directions.

The speakers used with the M28s will the the Sound Lab U-1PXs, which the M28s love and can drive to remarkable effect without limitations. Those curious to hear the electronics in their systems can contact me to request in home auditions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing