Midwest fly over state..
Rega P3-24/Custom Plinth/Audiomods Classic arm/Clearaudio Maestro Ebony MM
McIntosh MCD500 cd/sacd player...
Naim Unitiserve Music Server...
McIntosh C500 Controller/Preamp...
McIntosh MC501 monoblocks...
Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversaries...
Velodyne Optimum 12 subwoofers
VSA MB ICs/Acoustic Zen Silver Ref XLRs...
Verbatim biwires...
Lessloss PCs...
Acousticmac Corner Bass Traps...

I've posted photos before but there have been front end upgrades since then...TT arm and cart...

2ch front resized.jpg 2ch rt side resized.jpg MAC gear resized.jpg

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
As Jackie Gleason would say : "How sweet it is!".

Simply gorgeous room and gear. I love the album frames and overall cozy look. You're a lucky man! :D

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
The audio gear is nice, but the 6 strings I see and recognize rule! Do you ever plug in and jam with the music?

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
The audio gear is nice, but the 6 strings I see and recognize rule! Do you ever plug in and jam with the music?

...of course Ron but only when others aren't around to throw things at me...since you've shown an interest in guitars here's my baby...and that would explain my handle:

Gibson ES347 resized.jpg

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Hahaha!

Oh yes. Very nice indeed. I'm particularly fond of that Gibson. I've got a mint 70s Gibson blues/jazz guitar myself. You've chosen your handle very well.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
That's a 79 ES347 that I had refurbished by a factory certified dude. Those are Seth Lovers PUs...cool sound!

Last edited:

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Really nice! Enjoy

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Very nice! Enjoy in good health!

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Great room.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
What do you think of this list of guitars:D?

WBF.jpg

This comes from the booklet accompanying Joe Bonamassa's new album:

wbf1.jpg

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..and 4 Dumble amps? There are players that would kill for one of them! And that list of guitars should provide nicely for Joe's retirement some day...woah!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Beautiful room, es347. Having spent the last 3 days with a completely McIntosh system fronting my Genesis 1's I've gained a totally new perspective of the attraction of a McIntosh eco-system. And I mean that in the very best way - just in case anyone was wondering.

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Thanks for all the thoughtful comments. Gary...for some reason MAC electronics don't seem to get included in the high end discussion but boy I couldn't disagree more. Aesthetics aside these monoblocks make incredible music. I own the 501s and if I ever do decide to upgrade I will stay in the MAC family with the 601s. The VSA speakers of course have a lot to do with the end result although I must admit those big ole Genesis bad boys must be killer paired with MAC amps!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for all the thoughtful comments. Gary...for some reason MAC electronics don't seem to get included in the high end discussion but boy I couldn't disagree more. Aesthetics aside these monoblocks make incredible music. I own the 501s and if I ever do decide to upgrade I will stay in the MAC family with the 601s. The VSA speakers of course have a lot to do with the end result although I must admit those big ole Genesis bad boys must be killer paired with MAC amps!

Beautiful room! Beautiful system! Quick question:

I see you've isolated amps and speakers from the floor on platforms...any thoughts on your sub? Is it also isolated from the floor? I cannot tell from photo but I don't think it is...and was wondering about that. I thought you might have considered it so was curious as to your findings. I found my Velodyne benefited from auralex platform and now also have added ultra 5s underneath and 70 lbs of solid brass on top of hrs nimbus couplers to mass damp the top.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Oh boy, I bet that system sounds great! Thanks for sharing those photos, it looks like you have a assembled one great listening room. I can only imaging the hours on end spent in that room truly enjoying the music. Very nice my man, very nice! :)

Tom

es347

Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Beautiful room! Beautiful system! Quick question:

I see you've isolated amps and speakers from the floor on platforms...any thoughts on your sub? Is it also isolated from the floor? I cannot tell from photo but I don't think it is...and was wondering about that. I thought you might have considered it so was curious as to your findings. I found my Velodyne benefited from auralex platform and now also have added ultra 5s underneath and 70 lbs of solid brass on top of hrs nimbus couplers to mass damp the top.

My floor is wood glued to concrete so would the aurelex foam be the answer? Seems if anything spikes on granite like my speakers. You added weight atop your subs...correct? That makes sense..

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My floor is wood glued to concrete so would the aurelex foam be the answer? Seems if anything spikes on granite like my speakers. You added weight atop your subs...correct? That makes sense..

Interestingly, I think ours is as well...made a big difference. The thing about granite {can be} that it reflects as it is quite a hard surface. So the question is which way is the vibration going? I am no techie, but sometimes I wonder if its not being reflected back up again. There is something about the Auralex (for this particular situation) where I feel like it is keep the bass from rumbling thru the floor (a good thing)...but also not 'pinging' the bass back up again into the cabinet. Such an amateur guess...but hey, it works.

MUCH cleaner bass, and certainly no 'room rumble'. Quite a shock actually, particularly for 60 bucks in the world of 5 figure everythings...(admittedly, I have since added Ultra 5s to the Auralex and it got even better, so yes, crazy.)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing