2015 Porsche 911 GT3 (991)

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Worse is a flying ice/snow sheet from a semi cab soaring in your direction. Trying to avoid without taking out fellow drivers is an Interesting enterprise.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I'm not much of a car guy. I'm driving 30 miles to see a friend tonight. I'll probably get above 60, but I'm fine with taking my time getting there. That sure is a pretty thing, though. Beautiful design.

Tim

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Congrats Christian! Don't change the colour either. Like Tim, I'm not much of a car guy, but appreciate automotive beauty when I see it. Drive and enjoy it in good health!:D

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Congrats, Christian. I am envious!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Beautiful car Christian, especially this edition employing Stillpoints for engine mounts.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Here are some shots of the interior I chose from the Porsche Configurator tool.
It's official 11/7 vehicle fixed, 11/21 leaves production. 1/9/15 delivery to dealer (estimate). Here are some 3D captures from the configurator. I have until 10/8 to make any changes if needed. Sport chrono does not show up in renderings. Terrible time for delivery however...Upstate NY Winter !:grr:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Gas Guzzler tax... hahahahaha!
Is that a NY thing?

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
Huge Congrats, My favourite car.

Sauerball

Member Sponsor
Jul 30, 2013
New York, NY
Here are some shots of the interior I chose from the Porsche Configurator tool.
It's official 11/7 vehicle fixed, 11/21 leaves production. 1/9/15 delivery to dealer (estimate). Here are some 3D captures from the configurator. I have until 10/8 to make any changes if needed. Sport chrono does not show up in renderings. Terrible time for delivery however...Upstate NY Winter !:grr:

Nice pics from outside the Porsche museum in Stuttgart!

I did some laps on the Nordschleife last week in a rental GTI (decided not to take my brand new car onto an open track session), and I took no shame I'm getting passed by a GT3. Or by a 918!

Congrats.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I have a 991 C4S...I didn't get the the sport exhaust (had it in my former '11 GTS)....miss it :)

Funny how Porsche's and hi end audio make great bed fellows. I need to be careful here, Ethan may chime in suggesting a VW GTI provides the same level of performance.

That GTS was an impressive car as is your current 991. I take it you love it ?

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Did any of you guys ever consider or drive the GT3 RS?
Has a few subtle differences to the GT3 including I thought more traditional wider rear.
Must admit only seen a few even here in the UK, maybe a bit too hardcore as well for fun driving all the time on most public roads or places.

Cheers
Orb

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Did any of you guys ever consider or drive the GT3 RS?
Has a few subtle differences to the GT3 including I thought more traditional wider rear.
Must admit only seen a few even here in the UK, maybe a bit too hardcore as well for fun driving all the time on most public roads or places.

Cheers
Orb

I have a 996 GT3 with most of the RS mods...raw car, not so much comfort on the street hence I am getting rid of it for this new GT3. I had an allocation for the new 2015 RS which won't be announced until Match with first deliveries in November 2015. The car will be a bit faster and stiffer do to weight reduction amongst a bigger arrest me rear spoiler. It will probably be 30-40k more for base price before the Porsche nickel and dime options kick into place. I wanted more comfort on the street, have more comfort features for $50k less....my estimate, so that was the best decision for me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing