2015 Porsche 911 GT3 (991)

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

Havenhearth

May 20, 2013
Hi Christian,

Late though I am to the party, Congratulations on giving yourself the next car of your dreams. A friend who has a Sunbeam Tiger once asked whether my next car would challenge me by expanding the quality of my driving experience. It was a great question, and I think your selection will do that for you. Let us know when you're at Lime Rock. If I'm free I'll come down and watch you play. Though I'm an English car guy, as you know, some of my best friends have been Porsche owners. Two of the three of them are also deeply steeped in high end audio.

Love the color choice, too.

Very Best,

David

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
That's the one right there! The 911 is my goal car, always has been since I took an interest in cars.
Through the years Porsche has done the best, no contest, at maintaining the classic lines and introducing the new.
Perfection.!

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
That's your new sports car Christian, very nice. ...Love the shape and love the metallic grey color; good blending on the road.

Not yet..I have a 2015 standard GT3...not the RS as of yet. Waiting for my official build allocation. Hopefully I will know either way in the next few weeks (Very limited car). If I don't get an RS allocation, I will keep my GT3.

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
Not yet..I have a 2015 standard GT3...not the RS as of yet. Waiting for my official build allocation. Hopefully I will know either way in the next few weeks (Very limited car). If I don't get an RS allocation, I will keep my GT3.

My '13 4S will be due to go back in Feb 2016 and I was curious on your thoughts regarding the GT3 on public roads. I do go to the track a few times a year, but primarily the car will see public roads. We do an annual road trip (usually 3k miles), so the car must be comfortable enough for the wife (no complaints on the 4S). Thinking a GTS may be the way to go, but would love to get my hands on a GT3 :).

Thanks,
Jimmy

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
My '13 4S will be due to go back in Feb 2016 and I was curious on your thoughts regarding the GT3 on public roads. I do go to the track a few times a year, but primarily the car will see public roads. We do an annual road trip (usually 3k miles), so the car must be comfortable enough for the wife (no complaints on the 4S). Thinking a GTS may be the way to go, but would love to get my hands on a GT3 :).

Thanks,
Jimmy

I'm curious about the same decision you have. I went from a '11 GTS to a 13 4S. Things I like about both of those cars...I've driven a '15 GT3 on a track twice...it's one heck of a car...but unsure for daily use

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Oh Sh*t..... Christian changed his avatar. No RS love anymore?? Want some Italian love now??

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
Thanks for the Chris Harris Video Christian.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Oh Sh*t..... Christian changed his avatar. No RS love anymore?? Want some Italian love now??

Porsche apparently didn't want my money. Bypassed on the 2nd round of allocations...I love Italian food...

2014 458 Italia. I ride her home Thursday....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 145

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Porsche apparently didn't want my money. Bypassed on the 2nd round of allocations...I love Italian food...

Congrats! Awesome car and always puts a smile on my face when I hear that exhaust note - I really enjoy! - "Red w/red calipers - blk interior w/red stitching with CF detail including the door siles where yours and most others usually have carpet" Be prepared to be replacing the rubber :D

Orb

Sep 8, 2010

That is mind boggling of them.
I would had thought you would get priority due to being an existing Porsche owner of one of their upper models already.
This is what Ferrari does from what I remember.

Anyway I love Porsche but I really do love how driving or even being in a Ferrari makes one feel a bit more special in comparison, has that emotional connection we all talk about with music - although I appreciate the GT3 RS is a special in its own way as well and can understand your disappointment.
That said grats on the new car :)

Cheers
Orb

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Oh wow...big change. Congratulations, very curious to read your thoughts on the GT3 vs Italia...

How many miles did you put on the GT3?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Oh wow...big change. Congratulations, very curious to read your thoughts on the GT3 vs Italia...

How many miles did you put on the GT3?

it has only 493 miles as it sits in my garage. The Ferrari dealer is 140 miles away...The GT3 is a great car...going to miss it. The 458 will bring the enjoyment to a new level.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Why not Red? A Ferrari has to be Red :D

Enjoy it ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing