New Forum: Member's Music Choice

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello everyone.

Thanks to our resident oneobgyn, WBF has given birth to a new forum: Members' Music Choice. Much like the member gallery, we encourage members to create a thread and post about the music they have enjoyed and update the thread as time goes on. The idea being that people can then align their interest with other members and follow their selection. Feel free to also include discussion of what you like and why and not just specific music tracks.

Here is the forum: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/forumdisplay.php?340-Members-Music-Choice(s)

As you see there, I have created an example thread for myself. I have put my name/alias in the thread title. I will be updating it with my selection of new purchases that I have enjoyed. And my "philosophy" in selecting that music. As I have done there, it is a good idea to have a sampler so that people immediately hear what is being talked about. Youtube seems to be the most universal sampling service so that is what I have there. I also include an Amazon link to uniquely identify the album.

All audio formats are welcome. This is your thread and you choose what type of content you want there and how you like to describe it.

Hope the rest of you join me in expanding our knowledge of great music of interest to the rest of the membership. Can't wait to expand my music collection by reading about yours!

Amir on behalf of the Admin Team

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'll second that! Wonderful idea. I'll get to starting my own suggestions at some point today.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I am glad you all like the idea. I fixed my poor grammar in the intro post :). And added that it is not just about specific music tracks but also any and all things you want to discuss regarding your choice and philosophy in selecting specific tracks or in general. People are welcome to go back and forth with you and you are the "moderator" of your own track. So steer it in whatever direction you like.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
As administrators of the forum, we do get occasional privileges and one of those is listening to our own feedback :). In this case Steve and I thought this forum charter could be broader and include any and all topics members want to share. It is now called Members Musings/Blogs and it is exactly that. Post whatever you wish to post which is more of a personal nature as opposed to a topic that might be for broader contributions from everyone.

Why use WBF as a blog? I like it because the format of the forum allows easy interaction with members where for example people can quote a post and such which can't be done with typical blogs. Hope most of you sign up for your own personal one and share with the rest of us what you find interesting, enjoyable or informative.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing