Boardwalk Empire Season 5: Trailer #1 (HBO)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I used to think this was in the top 3 shows a few years ago but last year showed a distinct downturn in the quality of the writing. It ended with Nucky wanting out so we will see how they wrap up this series season finale

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Had the same feeling that the show was going downhill last season.
Trailer looks very promising so lets hope they go out with a bang in the final season!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I agree with many of you that last year wasn't Boardwalk's best. I missed have Kelly MacDonald on a regular basis.

I enjoyed last night episode. The jump to 1931 should open up some new avenues. it looks like we will get to see how Nucky grew into his role with those flashbacks.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
We were about to start this, what are the best seasons?

Off topic, we started Homeland yesterday, we are midway through season one and it's getting predictable with bland acting, bland directing, over acting female lead, storyline very similar to real life scenario about that women who got involved with al-Qaeda.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
1,2 & 3. Season 4 was a big big letdown and by the look of the first episode of season 5, it goes the same direction as 4...

Steve Williams

I finally got to watch S5 E1 yesterday and I have to admit that I enjoyed it.

I thought the flashbacks of young Nucky were very good. BTW these weren't flashbacks to 1931 but much earlier when Atlantic City was being built when Nucky was a kid around the turn of the century

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Sry, just deleted the message because I thought I had it wrong and you replied in the meantime.
Was going to write this;

Episode started with a flashback but it's now 1931 and he's in Havana;

Naamloos.jpg

Steve Williams

Sry, just deleted the message because I thought I had it wrong and you replied in the meantime.
Was going to write this;

Episode started with a flashback but it's now 1931 and he's in Havana;

View attachment 17307

now we're on the same page.

I thought the episode was very good.

I was somewhat in the dark as to who the guy was that tried to kill Nucky in Havana and ended up with a cleaver to the head

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Dont know that either, maybe it has something to do with the guy who said to Nucky that he was there on holliday with his wife but it turn out later that she wasn't his wife when Nucky saw her at the icecream hut.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
now we're on the same page.

I thought the episode was very good.

I was somewhat in the dark as to who the guy was that tried to kill Nucky in Havana and ended up with a cleaver to the head

The young Enoch/ Nucky scenes took place in 1884.
Meyer Lansky was the person Nucky met in Cuba and I believe Nucky has now concluded was down there to have Nucky killed.

I thought the first episode was very good. One of the best in a while start to finish. We get to see how Nucky became Nucky and will get to see, I believe, the end of Nucky.

BobM

Feb 5, 2014
Long Island, NY
Well we know from history the people who survive and make a name for themselves, and Nucky ain't one of them. He's had many close calls that he has somehow wriggled out of one way or another. That kind of testing the limits is bound to catch up to you at some point. He's overdue to take the hit IMO and considering the show is pretty much all about him and what goes on around him it seems only logical that it will end with his end.

It slao seems like maybe he really wants to get out. They've alluded to that at one time or another.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I know it started in havana in 1931 but that wasn't the flashback to Nucky's youth which I thought you implied

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the flashbacks to when Nucky was a boy in 1884, when he first me The Commodore.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Well we know from history the people who survive and make a name for themselves, and Nucky ain't one of them. He's had many close calls that he has somehow wriggled out of one way or another. That kind of testing the limits is bound to catch up to you at some point. He's overdue to take the hit IMO and considering the show is pretty much all about him and what goes on around him it seems only logical that it will end with his end.

It slao seems like maybe he really wants to get out. They've alluded to that at one time or another.

The show can end with him dead or alive, just so we do not have another Sopranos type ending.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Second episode wasn't that bad but the pace is very slow, would like to see some more action (and boobies :p).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing