Got a question for Flemming Rasmussen (Gryphon)?

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Hello,

I’m preparing an interview and photo story with Flemming Rasmussen (founder of Gryphon). The final reportage will be published online in the fall.

If you have experience with Gryphon and their products, or are generally interested in the company, its philosophy, the products or the people behind them - now is your chance to ask a question directly to the Gryphons founder - Flemming Rasmussen.

Feel free to reply in this thread or directly to: reportage(at)perfect-sense.se

Please visit our webpage for more information about Gryphon.

All the best.

/ Marcus

PS. This is the first in a series of upcoming interviews and visits to manufacturers around the world.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
LOVE it...

Please tell us more about the Pendragon please! Specifically:

1. How should we think about the Pendragon vs the original IRS Infinity Vs of legend? The literature references these speakers and does differentiate the two a bit.

2. Room Size: Is there a minimum? (I like my Wilson Xs because they can be adjusted to accommodate even an 8' listening distance). At the same time, I acknowledge having heard the Genesis 1.1s and Arrakis 2...there is NO substitute for surface area with all else being equal, when it comes to dynamics, range and sheer effortless power.

3. How do we think about the speaker just below (Trident?) vs the Pendragon given that not only are they different 'levels' and 'pricepoints' but also different technologies? Is the sound characteristic similar across all the speakers? How does Flemming feel they differ?

4. Has Flemming's 'voice' evolved over time as materials, parts...and what is possible with current technology..evolved at all? Obviously he is aiming for the 'absolute sound'...but what technology in the last 5-10 years does he think has most allowed him to advance Gryphon's speaker design? Ribbons, capacitors, cones,...?

5. Does the Pendragon benefit "significantly" from the monos, or given its efficiency and self-powered subs, does a single Colosseum work just as well?

6. What technologies has allowed the Mephisto to be such a step forward relative to the Antileon Signature and Colosseum?

7. What "trickle down" technology/design has made it to the Antileon signature? It appears that Gryphon have sought to maintain a 'voicing' to the 'analogue/natural' Antileon Signature relative to quite netural/natural Colosseum. Where is the Mephisto positioned? How does Flemming describe the Mephisto voice vs the Colosseum and Antileon Signature?

All for now...great stuff, Hyperion. Thanks!

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Would be very interested to hear his thoughts on, and targets for, the Kaliope DAC and how it compares to products from DCS, MSB etc. Great idea to do these interviews. Thanks

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
That's very valuable and ambitious Lloyd - thank you!

/ Marcus

LOVE it...

Please tell us more about the Pendragon please! Specifically:

1. How should we think about the Pendragon vs the original IRS Infinity Vs of legend? The literature references these speakers and does differentiate the two a bit.

2. Room Size: Is there a minimum? (I like my Wilson Xs because they can be adjusted to accommodate even an 8' listening distance). At the same time, I acknowledge having heard the Genesis 1.1s and Arrakis 2...there is NO substitute for surface area with all else being equal, when it comes to dynamics, range and sheer effortless power.

3. How do we think about the speaker just below (Trident?) vs the Pendragon given that not only are they different 'levels' and 'pricepoints' but also different technologies? Is the sound characteristic similar across all the speakers? How does Flemming feel they differ?

4. Has Flemming's 'voice' evolved over time as materials, parts...and what is possible with current technology..evolved at all? Obviously he is aiming for the 'absolute sound'...but what technology in the last 5-10 years does he think has most allowed him to advance Gryphon's speaker design? Ribbons, capacitors, cones,...?

5. Does the Pendragon benefit "significantly" from the monos, or given its efficiency and self-powered subs, does a single Colosseum work just as well?

6. What technologies has allowed the Mephisto to be such a step forward relative to the Antileon Signature and Colosseum?

7. What "trickle down" technology/design has made it to the Antileon signature? It appears that Gryphon have sought to maintain a 'voicing' to the 'analogue/natural' Antileon Signature relative to quite netural/natural Colosseum. Where is the Mephisto positioned? How does Flemming describe the Mephisto voice vs the Colosseum and Antileon Signature?

All for now...great stuff, Hyperion. Thanks!

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
The Kalliope will most definately be a product which I will give some extra attention - thank you!

Personally - I'm very much in favour of the one-box modular architecture of the Kalliope in relation to dCS Vivaldi, MSB etc. Shorter signal paths, less cables, less boxes, less expensive.

Would be very interested to hear his thoughts on, and targets for, the Kaliope DAC and how it compares to products from DCS, MSB etc. Great idea to do these interviews. Thanks

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

rhyno

Dec 29, 2010
same FRasmussen who used to produce records for Metallica, back when they were awesome (ie thru Justice)?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing