September Furry Four Footed Fosterlings

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
So... I traded the Labor Day Fluffies in for these guys. Only about 6 - 7 weeks, they are at the stage where they've discovered they have claws and can climb, but have not realised that their claws are re-tractable. Owie, owie, owie.

Foursome_small.jpg
The little white girl in front has an eye issue going on. A little antibiotic cream day and night and she is now bright eyed.

Four_ball_small.jpg
They've decided that the wool ball is where it's at! Well, it did get rather cool last night. They are penned in right now, with access to the cage where the hammock, a kitten bed and the litter tray is. Still too young to climb a fence. When they are, they will fortunately be old enough to have the run of the house.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Carol, you are wasting your breath. You can post ultra cute pictures of cats all you want. This dog person won't become a cat person. :D

Thanks for posting. Put a smile on my face looking how cuddly they are.

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
They have an appointment at the Spay and Neuter Clinic next Tuesday so I weighed them to see how close they are to weight.

Edgar_Scale.jpg
First on the scale is Edgar.

Charlie_Scale.jpg
Runt? I don't think so! He's the heaviest of the lot! 1lb 13.9oz! Charlie's going to make weight. (2lb)

Ellen_scale.jpg
Ellen tips the scale at 1lb 0.8oz. She's going to be with me for a couple of weeks longer. There's no way she's going to gain a lb in a week.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We just got our male puppy fixed. They weighed him and he clocked at 70.5 pounds. So there. Our puppy sheds more hair than your kittens weigh. As I said, this is a fruitless effort to convert us dog loves to cat lovers. Or even cat likers.

:D

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
LoL! That might keep me from ever owning a dog!
Carol
I suspect Tim has a live in relative thats quite normal and well behaved during the day but in the evening with a full moon look out!! ;)

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Well, I still have them all. :) The rescue plum forgot that the appointment was Tuesday and moved them all two weeks out so little Ellen could grow up in the company of her brothers.

Nap_Time.jpg
Lazy Sunday afternoon nap time. You guys are supposed to sleep on the cat rug! Not the couch.

with Ember.jpg
Napping with one of my adult cats - Ember - my "indoor feral"

Charlie_sleeping.jpg
Charlie napping in Daisy's "shark ball"

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Great looking kitties Carol. Here are our two rescue kitties. They are right at 5 months old...

Spin and Marti perch.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
I weighed Ellen last night. She's only 1lb 8oz - about a lb under her brothers. She's not going to be a very big cat. I am going to have these guys for a little while longer as the rescue had a bunch of ferals that needed the clinic appointment she had originally set up. Which is good as Ellen needs a little time to grow (and become more social) and her brothers need a little time to learn some manners! My feet are not for chewing on, TYVM.

Here's Charlie being nosy while I'm writing. He taps my shoulder and eventually ends up on the laptop I have in front of me.
Nosy_Charlie.jpg

Here's Ellen just hanging out.
Selfie_Ellen.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
The good news is: 3 kittens have been adopted.

The bad news is: Ellen is still under two pounds and can't be spayed yet. But the rescue has decided to let the adopter have her. They will contact them in a month to arrange for her spay.

Now... who wants a lovely Flame point, lap-sitting little boy? He's just a Poe boy. Nobody loves him. :( Still available for adoption!

Poe_Boy.JPG

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
We just got our male puppy fixed. They weighed him and he clocked at 70.5 pounds.
Oh dear. I hope you invested in one of those steam cleaners we were talking about a couple of years ago. Cute kittens, Carol.

Tom

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Oh dear. I hope you invested in one of those steam cleaners we were talking about a couple of years ago.
:). Believe it or not, they are completely self cleaning! They are pure white. They will roll in dirt and mud and two hours later there is no sign of anything whatsoever!

This reminds me of a question I have been meaning to ask you in your forum...

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Carol. Thanks for all the posts on the rescue kittens. Really good.
I thought about you the other night while watching a wonderful three part television series on our BBC2 called Cat Watch 2014.
It is very good indeed and is available on the BBC catch up service called the I Player.
www.BBC TV.co.uk and go to BBC 2 and search for Cat Watch 2014, A real delight and very informative!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Afterwards I did wonder if there might be that problem and now I know!
Sorry to have raised unrealisable expectations.
Hopefully it will get bought by a TV station in the States at some later date. I am sure it would be a big hit with all your fellow cat lovers over there.

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
R.I.P little Ellen. She was sent over the Rainbow Bridge on Saturday. Congenital Neurological Disorder was the diagnosis when she went down hill suddenly. From feisty kitten on Thursday to dragging a leg a bit to sleepy, tired, to likely pain and much distress as she lost muscular control of her hind quarters by Friday morning. On Saturday morning, her humans made the decision. She is survived by her brother Poe who was adopted with her by the same family.

That's the likely reason she was not gaining weight like her brothers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing