My Journey to Genesis and beyond! G5.3, G2.2 Jrs..

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Simply beautiful speakers in every dimension.

I have family is Seattle that we plan on visiting this summer, would love to stop buy and have a listen if anything is q'd up at the time.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Sorry, Hi-FiGuy, but the Dragons are only going to be set-up for a max of 2 weeks. If you are coming to Seattle, we have a dealer here with a room large enough for the G2Jr's. The only dealer I have in the world with a room large enough for the Dragons is currently Hong Kong.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
The Laughing Squid may have made a joke out of it, but the octobass is a real instrument and has been used in concerts. I will have to dig into my collection, but at least one or two of the albums by Renaud Garcia-Fons featured the octobass. Here's one time when a music server is useless - I'll have to see if I can find the CD jackets.

wilson1

Jun 14, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Just want to step in and say these speakers are so awesome.. been playing some of mom's favorite music for her in my house, and she is so totally enjoying it..
Pretty much great sound everywhere in the house..

Love it.. Thanks Gary!

wilson1

Jun 14, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
After giving a few days of spending time with the new gear, time to report back.

This amp is unreal!

Literally within the first hour after the Genesis GR1440 monoblock amps are installed in my system, both my wife and kids noticed the sound improvements immediately.

What the family said:
"Sounds liked live music"
"We are hearing things that not there before"
"Why are there echoes on the singer"

What i have in the current system:
Genesis 2.2Jr's
Vertere Acoustics SG-1 Record Player + SG-1 Motor Drive w/Pulse-R cable + SG-1 Tonearm with Handbuilt wiring
ARC Ref 150SE monoblocks
ARC Ref 1 preamp
ARC PH3 phono
ML 331
Absolute Fidelity Music Server

More to come..

image4.jpg

wilson1

Jun 14, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
GR1440 update:

Another late night listening with the family.

We all agreed on the following:

Soundstage is spectacular. whether small scale, symphonic, solo . etc.
Everything is well delineated , can literally pick out each instrument's location, singer position, literally room size in the recording venue.
Front to back positioning realistic.

As a matter of fact, all the instruments sound so realistic, and the female voices have no hardness. it's almost as if it melted the best of tube sound with the frequency extension, and bass slam , body , texture of the SS amps.

Totally floored that this amp is that good!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

wilson1

Jun 14, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Quick update:

On the way back home from dinner, interesting conversation with my wife.
Since she's been basically to all the HiFi shows since the 80's, and have seen/heard all the heavy hitters throughout the years, she knows what she likes, what's real, what's good, and what bad in our hobby.
After we started using the GR1440 monoblocks, we played and replayed many of our previous music, including many from the 1990's era.. and randomly, she said, this it the best system we have ever listened to ever.
Muttering, no need to go listen to other stuff anymore.
Humm. good or bad.. hahaa

wilson1

Jun 14, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
True story!

One of the kids came back this weekend and after chit chatting , wife goes , "you should listen to our system now , it sounds so good !"

So they sat down and i put on a few songs along with a few she have been listening to throughout the years at home , and during and after , they say : WOWW.. it's just liked live ! Everything is there , you can placed where all the people , instruments are !
And then the next question , what did I changed ?

I pointed to those amps , and said : " Your mom's amps !"

Hahaa

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing