Celebrating Two Years With Wilson

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
That's a wonderful write up and a very interesting journey from MBLs to Wilsons. I have heard many Wilson systems and find them to be very accurate but with enough warmth to make them believable on a wide range of program material. I own MBLs because they mimic the sound of a concert but after last year's YG Sonja project I am beginning to want a more direct and focused presentation. I'm not ready to leave the MBL ship yet but the shore is coming into focus with the Perfect8 Cube. These little gems bridge the gap between the best direct firing speakers and the MBLs. You can't play them at rock concert levels but they are just as or even more involving than the MBLs at full blast. So I know your journey, congrats on the two years!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
That's a wonderful write up and a very interesting journey from MBLs to Wilsons. I have heard many Wilson systems and find them to be very accurate but with enough warmth to make them believable on a wide range of program material. I own MBLs because they mimic the sound of a concert but after last year's YG Sonja project I am beginning to want a more direct and focused presentation. I'm not ready to leave the MBL ship yet but the shore is coming into focus with the Perfect8 Cube. These little gems bridge the gap between the best direct firing speakers and the MBLs. You can't play them at rock concert levels but they are just as or even more involving than the MBLs at full blast. So I know your journey, congrats on the two years!

Peter I agree with you that MBL's better mimic what we hear at concerts and is very different from what is heard with most other speakers. Some listeners will never get used to that sound and will prefer to stay with a more traditional speaker. It is good to have choices.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing