CH Precision C1+X1 VS Audionec SDV4-S VS Burmester 111

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum and i would like to have feedbacks on these 3 machines i mentioned in the title.
All 3 of them can stream music from a NAS or are music servers and have a DAC + Preamp section.
I'm looking for a very high end music server or streamer that can plug directly to a power amp.
These 3 machines are very good contenders but i haven'd had the chance to listen to any of them yet.
I will audition the Audionec SDV4-S mid november.
Please share your experience if you had the chance to audition any of these 3 machines.:)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I haven't heard the Audionec or the Burmy. All I've heard is the CH sans the X1. The CH is GOOD. Folks familiar with the CH C1 say it is better with the X1 than without.

Namaste

Feb 20, 2013
I haven't heard the audionec. I'd had the opportunity to listen to both the Burmy and the C1+X1. The addition of the X1 improves the C1 considerably. I finally ended up with the C1+X1. This combination will be hard to beat, I believe.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Thanks guys for your input.
Geshi so you think the C1+X1 combo is a better performer then the Burmy ?
What made you lean towards the C1+X1 combo ?

Namaste

Feb 20, 2013
At the time I listened to the Burmy, it still had quite a few bugs to be sorted out. It sounded very good though. Overall, I found the CH combo more satisfying. It has excellent built quality and it has great flexibility on the upgrade path if you go the CH way. The mono C1 (if your pocket is deep enough) sounded superb (my best sound of the Hong Kong show) together with the rest of the CH chain.

Last edited:

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Ok thanks Geshi.
Any experience with Audionec on this forum ?

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Theiliste,
I'm also familiar with the c1 and recently added the x1. The c1 was amazing even before but adding the x1 psupply added more weight, even lower noisefloor and clarity. Highly recommend you give the ch an audition.
Chris

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing