Horns+Tubes+Vinyl and digital too- Listening Room 1

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Incredible room. You must have trouble finding time to hear all of your turntables on a regular basis. I have only two and the other just collects dust for the most part.

Christian,
Time is the one luxury no one can buy. Believe it or not everything gets played on a regular basis, I have too many favorite cartridges not to.

The room is setup as a family space, there's even a Wii game in back corner with headphones for the kids. This way I don't need to divide my time between them and listening and best of all everyone gets to enjoy the music!

david

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
David

What is that long cylindrical object under the table?

How many cartridges do you have? I think you might have most people here beat

Steve,

Its a glass sculpture of a didgeridoo, bought it years ago in Australia.

I lose count the cartridges are a moving target. Many come and go and sometimes I trade with other vintage collector friends. Looking around I think that there are about 50-60 right now, could be more or even less than half in another month, it all depends. Of course there are favorites which are setup quasi permanently and some that I need to have on hand for client demos.

david

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
David,

I must say, viewing your dual systems, makes me feel better about further expenditures in my system...lol

You ain't seen nothin' yet! Right now I'm working on a mono setup in another room while the wife is looking away. lol

david

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Christian,
Time is the one luxury no one can buy. Believe it or not everything gets played on a regular basis, I have too many favorite cartridges not to.

The room is setup as a family space, there's even a Wii game in back corner with headphones for the kids. This way I don't need to divide my time between them and listening and best of all everyone gets to enjoy the music!

david

Your cartridge display area was impressive beyond belief. Your Micro Stereo setup is incredible.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Your cartridge display area was impressive beyond belief. Your Micro Stereo setup is incredible.

There's another member here with a substantial collection of cartridges and tone arms, maybe he'll come out of hiding one of these days.

david

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Absolutely gobsmacked!--what an incredible system--- I spied a humble Sum and Difference cart in the mix there too--one of my all time fav's!

I am not worthy!!:mad:

BruceD

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Absolutely gobsmacked!--what an incredible system--- I spied a humble Sum and Difference cart in the mix there too--one of my all time fav's!

I am not worthy!!:mad:

BruceD

You have keen eyes Bruce!

david

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Christian,

david
DDK - Great to see you here...its been a little while, and I've always appreciated your advice online and offline. I may in fact come back to you with a few questions via PM. Meanwhile, all I can say is WOW...I am definitely coming back later to this thread to 'study' a bit more and enjoy. Tremendous, tremendous!!

And I think the way its a family is fantastic...not everyone can do this, but when you can personally, I think its great. We do that here, and its on all the time in early morning and evenings and throughout the weekends while working, cooking, etc. Enjoy and thanks for sharing...great thread.

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
Spectacular room and system. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
You ain't seen nothin' yet! Right now I'm working on a mono setup in another room while the wife is looking away. lol

david

:) Priceless ;)
What great fun...thanks for sharin
g!

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Any shots of the presumably massive vinyl collection?

Not massive Keith but big enough to keep me busy for a long while. We're still unpacking and settling in, most of the LPs/CDs are still in boxes in the garage and storage back East. I'm working on the room acoustics now, will finish in the new year and then I can open up all the records and post pictures then.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing