Miyajima Zero mono

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I know Jazdoc has one. Anyone else ? I wonder how it compares to the Lyra Olympos mono (1of4) made that's on A-gon ? ;) So tempted but for $2k the Zero will be a nice alternative to my Ikeda 9TT mono.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I know Jazdoc has one. Anyone else ? I wonder how it compares to the Lyra Olympos mono (1of4) made that's on A-gon ? ;) So tempted but for $2k the Zero will be a nice alternative to my Ikeda 9TT mono.

unless Jazdoc got a Zero in the last couple of days, he has the Miyajima Mono Premium Be like me. we spoke about it last weekend as we both have been thinking about it. he may have heard the Zero, I have not.

at $2k it's a no brainer for anyone wants a top level dedicated mono cartridge. you do need an arm that is happy at a high VTF (around 3.75 grams).

another big $$$$ alternative to an Olympos Mono would be the Coralstone Mono.

I'm thinking in celebration of the 'about to be released' Beatles Mono 'Analog' box set it might be nice to get the Zero......assuming those pressings will sound better with a mono cartridge. that is not a given, but likely.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi Rockitman

Go for the lyra Mono cartridge every day of the week. It will be amazing

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
While I don't have one I have listened to it a lot at friends houses. Wonderful cartridge. It is better than the BE for my tastes and I really like the BE. Works well with the Schick and Schroeder tonearms in my experience.

Easy to arrange an audition if you are going to be in NYC.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
unless Jazdoc got a Zero in the last couple of days, he has the Miyajima Mono Premium Be like me. we spoke about it last weekend as we both have been thinking about it. he may have heard the Zero, I have not.

at $2k it's a no brainer for anyone wants a top level dedicated mono cartridge. you do need an arm that is happy at a high VTF (around 3.75 grams).

another big $$$$ alternative to an Olympos Mono would be the Coralstone Mono.

I'm thinking in celebration of the 'about to be released' Beatles Mono 'Analog' box set it might be nice to get the Zero......assuming those pressings will sound better with a mono cartridge. that is not a given, but likely.

as much as the Olympos tempts me, I think thee zero would be a good choice for 1/3 of the used Olympos price...does anyone recognize that Olympos seller on a-gon ?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
as much as the Olympos tempts me, I think thee zero would be a good choice for 1/3 of the used Olympos price...does anyone recognize that Olympos seller on a-gon ?

his first name is Alex, i do recognize a few names of people he has feedback from.....although i don't know any well enough to be able to ask them about it.

http://app.audiogon.com/users/11flat6/feedbacks

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Christian,

I think you should get both and then let Mike and I know which we one we should get ;)

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Christian,

I think you should get both and then let Mike and I know which we one we should get ;)

You are a bad influence doc....
I'm feeling I need to travel to Mt. Olympos first while the corridor is still open :cool:

Edit: I have since made an offer to climb Mt. Olympos...

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
You are a bad influence doc....
I'm feeling I need to travel to Mt. Olympos first while the corridor is still open :cool:

Edit: I have since made an offer to climb Mt. Olympos...

Wow in the time it takes me to buy one thing you have bought 10 things

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing