Been a Wilson Owner... and Wilson... all my life ;)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
There is no adequate way for me to describe my deep passion for Wilson Audio and it's products. Some might think that it's just because I am the daughter of David and Sheryl Wilson, and that I grew up around Wilson Audio. I will admit that being around Wilson Audio my entire life might play into this equation. However, it is not just that. As most of you know, I worked at Wilson Audio for several years in a number of different areas of Wilson Audio.

As a child, I was happy to help by twisting wires in our garage and then in Wilson's first small warehouse in California. A few years after we moved to Utah (during my high school years), I worked in both the paint shop and in production over my summer breaks. Sometimes they would ask me to come to shows and help sell Wilson Audiophile records and CDs (which I always ended up selling more than the other guys helping! ;) ). After high school, I worked in production (I was the "Puppy girl" building Puppy Series 5, and then series 6), was promoted to Production Supervisor, worked the fabrication shop (it was the hardest, and dirtiest job I have ever had... and I LOVED IT!), and also helped compile Wilson’s data base for all products shipped up to that time. I would also lend a helping hand to other departments when needed - answering phones, helping in inventory and in shipping.

I knew the “in's and out's” of what it took to build the products. Still to this day I can disassemble and reassemble any Wilson Product you put in front of me. Yet all this knowledge was from the factory side of Wilson Audio. I always wanted to see and understand the customer side (everything after the crates leave Wilson Audio). At times, as I finished a pair of Puppy's, Maxx's, X-1's, etc, I would sometimes ask myself "I wonder who is getting these?" or "What will these look like in a customer’s room or theater?" (especially with the exotic colored products).

Since my return to Wilson Audio in 2010 after being a stay-at-home-mother to my 4 children, I became Wilson Audio's Social Media Manager. One of my favorite things to see are photos of Wilson Audio system from their owners, and the set-up they have with their Wilson systems and associated gear. Not only seeing where they are, but also hearing people's "Wilson stories". I love hearing people share the same love and passion I do for Wilson Audio. I am so grateful for all the life-long friends (including WBF very own Steve Williams) I have made because of these interactions.

I absolutely love being a part of the Wilson Audio team! Having grown up around the company my whole life, I've had the unique opportunity to see it grow from our tiny garage into a large full-scale production facility. It's difficult to put into words just how proud I am of what my mother and father struggled so hard to create so many years ago, and now to see how so many people all over the world enjoying Wilson products is humbling.

Thank you all for your love and support of Wilson Audio, and I look forward to helping you in anyway I can!

Debby Wilson Wilson Audio Historical Photos from Slides (47).jpg

Helping my dad with the R&D of the WAMM in 1980.

Debby Wilson graduating from Tiny Tots preschool 1985 Wilson Audio Historical Photos from Slides.jpg

Graduating from the preschool we all went to: "Tiny Tots" - which is where the WATT (Wilson Audio Tiny Tot) got it's name

Debby Stereophile LA 1995.jpg

As a teenager, I was able to attend and help at a lot of shows. This was in 1995 when my parents were awarded an award for the X-1 Grand SLAMM

Debby Fab Shob.jpg

My days in the Fabrication Shop - and I LOVED it! (2003 - 2004) :)

Me.jpg

Me when I first returned back to Wilson Audio in 2010

Reactions: goodsource

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Sure thing!

I now have 2 systems: My home theater system (my main system) and my 2 channel system.

My theater system is listed in my signature. This is what it looks like:

Home Theater.jpg

Hands down the best room in my house to work!!

My sashas.jpg

Don't panic, I have since spiked them ;)

ourhometheater.jpg

This was my theater prior to getting the Sasha's

My 2 channel system is ever evolving (well.. I guess my theater system is still evolving, as well). I am running my WATT/Puppy Series 6's with Bret D'Agostino's BSC amps at the moment, with other random gear. It also has not been dialed in. No good pics of this system as of yet.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
What a wonderful story! I need to get my kids (now 11 and 12) involved in Genesis too :)

ABSOLUTELY!! Nothing better than working with family :)

Good to hear from you, Gary! Was great to spend some time with you at Newport/Steve's home (thank you for the ride, as well! You are wonderful! :) )

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
The pleasure was mine, Debby. You and BruceD were great company.

I missed you at the California Audio Show. I went to the Music Lovers room, but they said that you weren't coming.

Yeah, unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the CAS. Would have been great to see you again, though :)

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Great post about being a Wilson.

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Thank you, Peter :)

haraldo

May 3, 2015
Thanks for great read Debbie!

I just wonder what it was the work you were doing with the WAMM's in 1980, it's a bit hard to understand from the photo :D

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I just wonder what it was the work you were doing with the WAMM's in 1980, it's a bit hard to understand from the photo :D

Stress testing :)

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
My daughter will graduate in 1 year with a Creative Writing /Lit major from UNCA. After seeing your home systems, she wants to know if your dad will adopt her? :) Nice read, and great to hear about families working together in small businesses.
Sure thing!

I now have 2 systems: My home theater system (my main system) and my 2 channel system.

My theater system is listed in my signature. This is what it looks like:

View attachment 16956

Hands down the best room in my house to work!!

View attachment 16957

Don't panic, I have since spiked them ;)

View attachment 16958

This was my theater prior to getting the Sasha's

My 2 channel system is ever evolving (well.. I guess my theater system is still evolving, as well). I am running my WATT/Puppy Series 6's with Bret D'Agostino's BSC amps at the moment, with other random gear. It also has not been dialed in. No good pics of this system as of yet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing