Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Peter Himmelman.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks, Jack. The guitarist on the left looks like my friend's wife. :D Why the collaboration with Dave, I wonder?

They hang out at the same pub maybe? :D Funny I thought Burton looked like Watt's wife too! :D

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
They hang out at the same pub maybe? :D Funny I thought Burton looked like Watt's wife too! :D

At first, I thought it was a rejuvinated Edwyn Collins! I see that Ben is a dj, so I'll guess that is why you like him so much!;)

Another great song writer - In my compinion, the best I've heard - is Bob Dylan. It's hard to believe he was such a kid when he sang on The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan; it was like he was old before his time.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I gotta check out Collins. Thanks for the tip! Watt isn't really much of a DJ but I do owe him. Play EBTG in your car on a date way back then and your "odds" would almost always get better! :D

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I gotta check out Collins. Thanks for the tip! Watt isn't really much of a DJ but I do owe him. Play EBTG in your car on a date way back then and your "odds" would almost always get better! :D

Edwyn did some solo stuff, which you'll probably recognize (Girl like you [never met a girl like you before]), but it is the Orange Juice stuff that I prefer. He is also a good song writer. Some very good Glasgow bands: Orange Juice, Primal Scream, Jesus and Mary Chain, Simple Minds, Aztec Camera, Texas, Loyd Cole and the Commotions, Travis. A little old, but fun stuff.

mojave

Oct 29, 2010
Elkhorn, NE
When I think of great songwriters, I think of Jim Croce and Kenny Rogers. Paul Overstreet is also a favorite. He probably isn't well known, but has 27 Top-Ten hits and writes for many other artists. I once joked that one of his songs would be funny if sung at a funeral - "When You Say Nothing At All."

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Here's a hodgepodge...

Johnny Mandel
Alan & Marilyn Bergman
Stevie Nicks
Phil Silvers
Graham Nash
Neil Young
Brian Wilson
Burt Bacharach & Hal David
and all those that JazDoc mentioned and more.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Here's a hodgepodge...

Johnny Mandel
Alan & Marilyn Bergman
Stevie Nicks
Phil Silvers
Graham Nash
Neil Young
Brian Wilson
Burt Bacharach & Hal David
and all those that JazDoc mentioned and more.

Phil Silvers? Do you mean Shel Silverstein, by chance?

Tim

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Phil Silvers? Do you mean Shel Silverstein, by chance?

Tim

Phil is famous for Nancy with the laughing face who he wrote for Nancy Sinatra.

The story line is not quite right about NS,but Phil did write the lyrics.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing