Help with Box for MB Quart RWE 352 15" Sub

TheDraganche

Aug 14, 2014
Okay,first of all hi,im new here,and English is not my main language so sorry in advance for mistakes and similar :(
I got an offer to buy This Subwoofer for 70 euros which is very tempting,sub is almost new,isnt even broken in :)
Sub is 700w rms 1400w peak power, its a 15" and im geting it without the box.
I heard that this Sub is only good in Sealed box,im not so good with audio hardware etc etc,and my knowledge isnt good about it,so all tips are welcome :D
So,should i build a sealed enclosure for it,or do a ported one? Positives & Negatives please for each,i curently have Radical Audio ref. series 10" 300w rms sub in 26l sealed box,and i kinda dont like the sound,i mean its clean and good response,hits good too,but its just not loud (I want it to be heared outside hehe :D ),and i had 200rms ported blaupunkt sub that was hitting harder then my current sealed one.
MB Quart 15" will be powered by Impulse Acoustics SD-500 which gives 600w rms bridged,so it will be just fine for 700w rms Sub i think. How will ported box sound for this sub cous i only saw it in sealed boxes,and how will sealed one sound?
I Just hope its a lot better then my 10" sealed one,since its more then 2x powerfull,and plus its 15" so should be louder?

Here are parameters for this 15" sub http://audio.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/mb_quart/rwe_352.html?p=6 look for a RWE 352 (not to be mistaken by PWE 352 :D )

And yeah,one more thing about this MB Quard 15" ,its suspension ( if i said correct word/name for that component) is,kinda on inside,its not sticking out like on ordinary Subs,whats the deal with that? How does it affect sound and stuff?

Thanks in advance guys ! Cheers :D

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing