Genesis customer service lacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentmp

May 28, 2014
I am looking to replace my Genesis G300 speakers (original owner). One has to now go through a new distributer: [US Distribution Point
Seattle, WA Click to send E-mail Website: Rutherfordaudio.com Tel: (303) 845-0773[. Three voicemails later.... NO response. I guess my money is not good enough for Gary Koh. Genesis 4.0 looks promising. A variation of Infinity IRS. (At what I am sure is 15x the price). No Genesis, so-called dealer has product. Please bring back Arnie Nudell. Very disappointed for arguably the BEST audio product on the market. :(

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Kent,

Gary Koh is a member here at WBF, and I'm sure he'll be interested to hear your comments. Why don't you send him a Private Message and try to resolve this without an introductory post filled with disparaging comments?

Gary has proven himself many times over to be both responsive and customer-oriented. Please understand that personal attacks on members here are against the Terms of Service.

Thanks,

Lee

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Kentmp,

If the distributor won't respond to your voicemails, why didn't you call the Genesis number and ask for me?

The reason I have a distributor for the US is that a lot of the time, I am too busy to take care of EVERYBODY...... I do try, but I only have so many hours in the day. And I have customers in Europe and Asia as well - which means that sometimes I work from 6am to midnight to take care of them.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have no affiliation with Genesis, and have never owned anything related to Genesis or Infinity, but I will say 3 things:

1. I agree that Genesis is surely one of the THE speaker manufacturers out there. Not only great today, but with a long, LONG history of being amongst the greats in the pantheon of great speakers.

2. I have ALWAYS gotten a quick response from Gary when I have sought his advice (and I am not even a customer)...email, PM, etc.

3. As my grandfather used to say, if you want something done, go to the busiest guy. Guess that's Gary. ;)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Good morning Kent,

Welcome to the WBF.

As a Genesis owner I can assure you that Gary is one of the most accessible, helpful and communicative manufacturers that I have had the pleasure of dealing with. I have no doubt that if you contact him your experience will mirror mine.

John

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I am looking to replace my Genesis G300 speakers (original owner). One has to now go through a new distributer: [US Distribution Point
Seattle, WA Click to send E-mail Website: Rutherfordaudio.com Tel: (303) 845-0773[. Three voicemails later.... NO response. I guess my money is not good enough for Gary Koh. Genesis 4.0 looks promising. A variation of Infinity IRS. (At what I am sure is 15x the price). No Genesis, so-called dealer has product. Please bring back Arnie Nudell. Very disappointed for arguably the BEST audio product on the market. :(

I think Gary will look after you I am sure of it. As a side note I bought a pair of Infinity QLS when I was 18 I ran those speakers with various amps till into my early 50s . I upgraded to the Matin logan CLXs when they came out. Arnie Nudell and team built a good product and from what I under stand so does Gary. I replaced some drivers over the years but they still work in storage now and I should find them a new home any takers. also a set of OHM fs another try at 4 channel years ago.

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
New member posts here just to trash Gary with his first post? Seems rather odd... A quick look through threads, and a look at the Genesis sub-forum, would provide info about Gary's background, posting style, reputation and contact info to privately address the problem. I don't get this...

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
That's a frightening thought!

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Good morning Kent,

Welcome to the WBF.

As a Genesis owner I can assure you that Gary is one of the most accessible, helpful and communicative manufacturers that I have had the pleasure of dealing with. I have no doubt that if you contact him your experience will mirror mine.

John

Seconded !!

BruceD

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Seconded !!

BruceD

Me as well

Gary is one of the truly great and approachable members in this industry. He has offered free advice willingly here for the past several years to anyone who asks. Unfair by the OP and if everyone is in agreement I think this thread has been best served in setting the record straight. Anyone who knows Gary has a true friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing