Technics SP-10MK3

Christopher T

Industry Expert
Dec 4, 2012
www.artisanfidelity.com
Earlier this year, a client requested the commission of a commemorative version of the Technics Sp10Mk3 NGS which pays tribute aesthetically to the vintage Technics SH10B7 Obsidian plinth.

IMG_1021 copy.JPG

Christopher T

Industry Expert
Dec 4, 2012
www.artisanfidelity.com
Some additional photographs...

IMG_1093 copy.JPG IMG_1102 copy.JPG IMG_1099 copy.JPG

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi Chris

Looks nice, but not much like the SL-1000 Mk3. The plinth is not even gloss.

b.jpg

Christopher T

Industry Expert
Dec 4, 2012
www.artisanfidelity.com
Hi Chris Looks nice, but not much like the SL-1000 Mk3. The plinth is not even gloss.

Correct, the client opted for micro suede black opposed to a glossy appearance. Aesthetic tribute was the idea, not a clone. :b

fvcruz

Jan 31, 2016
Correct, the client opted for micro suede black opposed to a glossy appearance. Aesthetic tribute was the idea, not a clone. :b

Chris, I really apppreciate the opportunity to purchase this exquisite piece. Having had the honor to show at the the first Axpona in Jacksonville with the Continuum Audio Labs Caliburn (Summovigo is a close friend), I had always been haunted by the incredible sound projected by that table. I have had many tables come and go as you can imagine but nothing has come close to even be in the same vecinity as the Caliburn. That is until I got your table in, it is defenitely in that realm and it is extrenely close to what I heard with the Caliburn's timing, noise floor level and majestic command of the music. You have done an outstanding job at putting together a platform that I feel comes very close to what I have always considered the ultimate table !

By the way, the timing on the MK3 is amazigly better than the MK2 and the dual material (delrin/copper - not pictured here) platter mat makes an incredible difference in reducing nise floor, simply fantastic and ingenous design ! Congrats for an incredible job ! The Kuzma 4 point and the table match wonderfully. I am getting master tape like sound from this table and welcome anyone who wants to come by and demo.

Best,
Fernando
cruzeFIRST Audio

Christopher T

Industry Expert
Dec 4, 2012
www.artisanfidelity.com
Fernando, my sincerest thanks for sharing your personal insights and listening feedback with regards to the Technics Sp10Mk3 NGS model. The sole purpose when developing this proprietary cutting edge design was to extrapolate the maximum potential of the legendary Technics Sp10Mk3 direct drive motor and controller system without any compromise. To summarize, essentially the idea was, just how far can we push the envelope? During development the critical base material selection, core plus exoskeleton implementation and subsequent execution were carried out specifically to ensure the massive plinth remains inert and devoid of structural resonance, while maintaining a degree of musical accuracy, low noise floor and transparency during playback we have never before achieved. Even the NGS's direct drive dc motor coupling system, proprietary cradle structure and internal active bearing drain architecture are all unique to the platform and play vital roles within the context of delivering the end playback results you are experiencing.

Perhaps you may consider organizing a friendly WBF member group meet at your showroom for a NGS Mk3 demonstration?

Last edited:

fvcruz

Jan 31, 2016
Chris, I would be more than happy to have friendly WBF members come by to audition. I received the 4Point Kuzma with custom XLR termination for my BMC MCCI phono last week and I have to say that there is easily another 30-40% improvement in the transparency , control and speed now that I have the proper tonearm cables for my main room phono preamp. Again , more than happy and welcome all local members for a demo of this materpiece. As you know, our mutual friend with the $120K table will be replacing it with this after hearing it in our showroom. I have attached some pictures, hope all can enjoy.

Artisan Fidelity Technics SP10 MK3 NGS - 1.jpg Artisan Fidelity Technics SP10 MK3 NGS - 2.jpg Artisan Fidelity Technics SP10 MK3 NGS - 3.jpg Artisan Fidelity Technics SP10 MK3 NGS - 4.jpg Artisan Fidelity Technics SP10 MK3 NGS - 5.jpg

Dynamix

Banned
Feb 24, 2016
Scandinavistan
What an amazing looking SP-10! So nice and clean!

fvcruz

Jan 31, 2016
Thanks !

Absolutely second that.....amazing set up. I would love to hear this system with the TADs

Thank you very much ! This is table is really something amazing, you are welcome to stop by anytime. I will be posting new pictures , I have a new cartridge that came in from Japan , it is amazing how even a small change in vta or azimuth with this arm and table is so immense in the performance. This is such a precision instrument.

Andrew Stenhouse

Feb 14, 2016
Sydney, Australia
I have attached some pictures, hope all can enjoy.

What a wonderful looking system. Thank you so much for posting.

Monster deck - I real tribute to the maker. Congratulations and enjoy in good health.

fvcruz

Jan 31, 2016
Thank you for all your nice comments. I have now installed the Artisan Fidelity pure copper mat and taken performance up a few notches. What a precision instrument this deck is! IMG_0096.JPG IMG_0097.JPG IMG_0095.JPG

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Technics SL-1000MK3D has arrived. With the EPC-P100C-MK4 cartridge, the combo is sounding superb.

sp10 c.jpg sp10 b.jpg sp10 a.jpg

theophile

SP10Mk III. Nice chit.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
I had the opportunity to listen to a MK3 last night in the home of Albert Porter.

I have never heard vinyl sound so amazing. I'm not an Elvis fan, at all, but after hearing an Elvis lp last night.......I think I need to pick that album up, so immediate and lifelike it sounded.

It is an amazing table.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I had the opportunity to listen to a MK3 last night in the home of Albert Porter.

I have never heard vinyl sound so amazing. I'm not an Elvis fan, at all, but after hearing an Elvis lp last night.......I think I need to pick that album up, so immediate and lifelike it sounded.

It is an amazing table.

That table I presume would have the Richard Krebs Mods--a must for the Mk III

BD

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Finally managed to set up my Thales Simplicity II onto the technics SP10 mk3. Works and sounds a treat :cool:

34104078483_8f4482a46a_h.jpg

34527816700_0f6a3bd66e_b.jpg

34527869560_fde9c01de2_h.jpg

Attachments

• 34071874814_3b746078a0_h.jpg
    34071874814_3b746078a0_h.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 353

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing