CH Precision vs. Soulution

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Hi,

A quite obvious comparision - which I haven't really seen anyone make - would be a swiss battle inbetween CH Precision and Soulution. Both shares the same pedigree somehow with expertise within both digital front end development and analogue amplification.

Any thoughts or experiences would be most valuable.

Thanks.

/ Marcus

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That CHP M1 is looking awful tasty to me. I've only heard Soulution in one show in Singapore and I wasn't all that impressed. Not fair, I know because I wasn't familiar with the system or for that matter the circumstances of the exhibitors. That was however my honest impression. As far as uber solid state goes, I liked Viola a lot more. If I were to make a shortlist of big solid state my top three would be the Viola Bravo, CHP M1 and the Analog Domain Artemis.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
That CHP M1 is looking awful tasty to me. I've only heard Soulution in one show in Singapore and I wasn't all that impressed. Not fair, I know because I wasn't familiar with the system or for that matter the circumstances of the exhibitors. That was however my honest impression. As far as uber solid state goes, I liked Viola a lot more. If I were to make a shortlist of big solid state my top three would be the Viola Bravo, CHP M1 and the Analog Domain Artemis.

Yes, the CH Precision M1 is an impressive piece indeed. I believe the overall price point of CH Precision is slighty lower than Soulution, which needs to be taken into consideration.

I'm also keeping an eye open towards the Analogue Domain Isis-series, which seems very interesting at a price point within reach for more people than the most fortunate ones.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Have you guys actually heard the M1s yet?

When I heard it last month, it was the prototype and the first commercial unit was just being built...I saw it there half finished at their HQ. The M1 is a bit more advanced than the A1.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Have you guys actually heard the M1s yet?

When I heard it last month, it was the prototype and the first commercial unit was just being built...I saw it there half finished at their HQ. The M1 is a bit more advanced than the A1.

I did hear the full CH Precison (+ Vivid) setup in Munich this year but can't possible judge the M1s in isolation.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I did hear the full CH Precison (+ Vivid) setup in Munich this year but can't possible judge the M1s in isolation.

I only heard the W Benesch speakers...pity I didnt push for the Vivids, as they are now gone. I did hear the M1s and the A1s separately.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've only heard the A1s and liked them. I'm assuming the M1 is cut from the same cloth. I'm hoping that it is the right assumption. It has a lot of functionality that is attractive to me.

How do the A1s and M1s compare wisnon?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

Jack - looks like a trip to Hong Kong might be in your cards...... the only place to do a direct comparison between the Viola Bravo and the CHP M1 is seated in the red chair in the picture below. They also have a source that you will be familiar with :D

I heard CHP A1 vs Viola Bravo, but didn't hear CHP M1 vs Viola Bravo monoblocks. If I was asked to pick, I couldn't pick between the two of them. There are things I prefer about both. It made me wonder what the CHP M1 would be like using the massive choke-filtered power supply of the Bravo........

Forthwise.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Say when you're going and I'll meet you there Gary :)

redsquare

Dec 9, 2013
My pick is CH over Soulution and Viola, also great brands. My A1's have a clarity, presence and speed that I don't feel the others do. Have not heard the M1's yet but will do so very soon at Audioarts. Also looking forward to hearing the new L1 preamp with X1 as well as these are supposed to be phenomenal...

vjayh

May 19, 2012
I have the C1+ L1, and I can tell you the combo a big step up from using the C1 as a preamp, which I was doing before. I went all out with the dual mono config (L1s + X1s) and it is spectacular.

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
I have the C1+ L1, and I can tell you the combo a big step up from using the C1 as a preamp, which I was doing before. I went all out with the dual mono config (L1s + X1s) and it is spectacular.

Vjayh,

This is interesting. It is the first time I read someone preferring the C1 with a preamplifier, instead of direct to the power amplifiers.

I never heard a DAC that sounded better (to me) without a top preamplifier, but I never had the opportunity to perform this comparison with the C1.

VPN

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear all,

i write from Italy and sorry my bad english.
I have L1 + C1 + X1 + 2 A1 in mono to biamp in passive mode.
I have this from september and i can tell you i never listen in my life one combo better than this.
I have also Kondo M7 + Ge1 + 2 Souga,very very good,but i prefer CH.
Yesterday i listen a demonstration in a shop near my home with Esoteric Grandioso and Rockport Cygnus with L1,P1 and M1
I listen in this shop other time this cd and speaker with Esoteric grandioso C1 and M1,Pandora and Mephisto,Pass XS and XS 300,Dan d' Agostino,and Rowland Criterion with 925,but the sound you cannot compare with L1 and M1,
Too big the difference for more fast,natural,open and sweet,dynamic and image.
Other sound very well,sure, but this is an other world,for me naturally.
I was impressive also from P1,incredible versatily and sound.
Next week i will bring home P1 to try with my Kondo GE 1 with step up Silvercore mc pro.
C1 sound better with L1 and X1 is fantastic,more details,dynamic and more space between instruments
If you need other info i think to have good experience now with Ch

Regards to everybody
Gianluigi Baldi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing