Some thoughts on Lectraline Xe cables versus Non-Xe Lectraline.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
A couple of members here wanted me to try the new Lectraline Xe silver cables from Black Cat and report the changes over the non-Xe Lectraline cables. I've had an Xe cable now for five days and thought I'd share some impressions. I used the Xe cable in the Preamp to Amp position and recently in the VPI Scoutmaster to Modwright SWP9.0SE position on the analog rig. I previously had a Zu Mission phono cable there (non-WBT, Mk I version) and it was also excellent. This is even better. Versus the Lectraline non-Xe and the Zu Mission, some common observations:

• Definitely a step up over regular Lectraline in terms of resolution.
  • Better tighter taut bass is the primary thing I notice. The Ludwig pressing of De Guello has sublime bass and I'm hearing most of it, notwithstanding the panel-based Maggie 1.7s.
  • Slightly improved midrange and resolution are the the next two things that stand out. Today I've been listening to De Guello and the crunchiness of the guitars and clarity of vocals is really nice. I cannot imagine it getting much better than this.
  • The guitars on this album and that on Neil Young's Massey Hall and Cellar Door performances are spot in in terms of guitar tone.
  • Piano recordings have a nice bit of weight but still the natural but resolving quality of Lectraline (non-Xe).
  • Soundstage is superb. Nice illusion of instruments back wide and deep on recordings where the information is there.
  • Nice shimmer of cymbals in a natural way, not too "treble-ey".

Anyway, hope this helps answer a few questions. Respond here if you have any other questions and I will do my best to answer them.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I received my 1.5m Lectraline Xe xlr cable 2 days ago.
It was burned-in by the Hong Kong dealer with his Audiodharma cable cooker.

I agree totally with Lee's descriptions.
In summary, an allrounded silver cable with good c/p ratio, high musicality and without the typical "silvery" sound.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I received my 1.5m Lectraline Xe xlr cable 2 days ago.
It was burned-in by the Hong Kong dealer with his Audiodharma cable cooker.

I agree totally with Lee's descriptions.
In summary, an allrounded silver cable with good c/p ratio, high musicality and without the typical "silvery" sound.

Glad you had a similar experience.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing