New preamp called the Ultraviolet!

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
For many years we have been refining a 4- tube circuit (2 tubes if line stage only). We have had many long debates about whether we should market it, as its a departure from our normal stuff; its single-ended (which is the big deal) and is more conventional circuitry. It uses a pair of 6SN7s for the line section and a pair of 12AT7s for the phono section.

However its also a very nice sounding unit, and we've seen it easily take on preamps that cost several times more with no worries. We've had a prototype that we have been playing here at Atma-Sphere for the last 3 years; we know this preamp very well and it really does do the job!

It has a welded chassis, 4 inputs and isn't very big. So far the plan is that they are entirely hand-wired and that has been working quite well. It has vintage styling, but not like our other products. Actually it is the first of a new lineup of amps and preamps.

With the Stepup transformers it works with low output moving coil cartridges and will retail for $2800.00. Without the SUTs, it works with high output cartridges and is $2400.00. Finally, it is available as a line stage for $1900.00. We expect to ship the first units in August.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Very attractive price Ralph!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
For many years we have been refining a 4- tube circuit (2 tubes if line stage only). We have had many long debates about whether we should market it, as its a departure from our normal stuff; its single-ended (which is the big deal) and is more conventional circuitry. It uses a pair of 6SN7s for the line section and a pair of 12AT7s for the phono section.

However its also a very nice sounding unit, and we've seen it easily take on preamps that cost several times more with no worries. We've had a prototype that we have been playing here at Atma-Sphere for the last 3 years; we know this preamp very well and it really does do the job!

It has a welded chassis, 4 inputs and isn't very big. So far the plan is that they are entirely hand-wired and that has been working quite well. It has vintage styling, but not like our other products. Actually it is the first of a new lineup of amps and preamps.

With the Stepup transformers it works with low output moving coil cartridges and will retail for $2800.00. Without the SUTs, it works with high output cartridges and is $2400.00. Finally, it is available as a line stage for $1900.00. We expect to ship the first units in August.

Hi Ralph:

Right up my alley. I am throwing my hat in the ring for a review sample when available..:) These are the type of components I love.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I like my 6SN7,12SJ7 preamp very much.....good luck Ralph!

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010

Best of luck with it Ralph! I look forward to hearing it.

Great price points and if it sounds like Atmasphere gear, it should be a home run!!

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
With thanks to Atma-Sphere, we're thrilled to be demonstrating the UltraViolet preamp for a very limited time, along with the remarkable AudioKinesis Zephrin 46 loudspeakers!

Open house here this Saturday, all afternoon, and you're cordially invited! Email or call me (no PMs, please) to RSVP for full info including directions. Ask to be added to the newsletter mailing list if you like!

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
With thanks to Atma-Sphere, we're thrilled to be demonstrating the UltraViolet preamp for a very limited time, along with the remarkable AudioKinesis Zephrin 46 loudspeakers!

Open house here this Saturday, all afternoon, and you're cordially invited! Email or call me (no PMs, please) to RSVP for full info including directions. Ask to be added to the newsletter mailing list if you like!

That is great news Brian.

Brian is one of the good guys out there, a true gentleman.

Kudos to the team at Atma Sphere for making such a great looking product at this price point.:D

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com

Any updates?:D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There are so many differently flavored 6sn7s out in the wild (and at affordable prices too!) that over here there is a sub-culture for single pair 6sn7 pres. It's a tube rollers dream.

Congratulations on the very positive RMAF reports Ralph. Keep it up!

nsgarch

Apr 20, 2010
and then . . . . .

what about that standalone, fully balanced, all-tube phonoamp?!

thx Ralph ;)

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
A number of dealers were unhappy with the blue finish. So we updated the UV-1 slightly- now its black. UV1.jpg

On my screen this photo is not a whole lot smaller than the preamp itself.

We've been getting good comments- one customer replaced his ARC Ref3 line stage with a UV-1- he says it is better in every way. Another found that it was quieter and sounded as good as his Allnic L3000.

Some people don't like the purple lens- there are a number of colors available- red, amber, green, blue... and purple :)

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I'll have the UV-1 on demonstration at AXPONA here in Chicago next month in room 554 along with the M-60s driving the AudioKinesis Zephrin 46s.

For now I prefer the green lens :rolleyes:

UV1green.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing