QuickSilver Gold contact enhancer coated on the gear's circuit board's connector pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
First we want make it VERY CLEAR...We are not Affiliated with this Company in any way!..

To do this tweak you first start by turning ON the gear and then unplugging the power cable from the ac outlet and then wait 24 hours BEFORE doing anything!!........

Next, when you take the top lid off your gear you can see all those cable wires connected to all the circuit boards inside your gear, on the circuit boards you can see all those cable wire's connectors connected to the circuit boards, these are the connectors you need to pull off. When pulling off these connectors you have to be VERY CAREFUL because you can bind these male connector pins on the circuit boards very easily so be careful when pulling these connectors off ! Some of these connectors have already been soldered to the circuit boards, in my amp, the darker color connectors were the ones that had already been soldered to the circuit boards. If the connector your trying to pull off does not come off pretty easily then your know its already been soldered to the circuit boards so don't miss with these connectors!.. Some of these connectors are behind the front face plate so don't forget to coat these male connector pins here too.

We used a toothpick to coat these male connector pins on the circuit boards, you only want to put a little bit on the tips of the connector pins on the circuit boards. If you used the small brush that comes in the QSG kit you might put too much of these stuff on the connector pins that's why we used a toothpick.

Inside some of the gear your see that some of the circuit boards are stacked on top of each other, you have to take off all the circuit boards to get to the connector pins there.

It takes about 6 months for these stuff to fully break-in.

If your looking for a way to help get the best sound out of your gear, then this tweak is for you!

What we like say around here is...after you've tried this tweak, there's no going back!! They are 40 of us that has tried this tweak so far and we all love it! The way this tweak helps bring the Artist into your ROOM is pretty amazing!

Only try this tweak with very cheap gear period!!! Even after we tested this stuff for three years with no problems, I still would NOT put this stuff on ANY High End gear period !!!..... Let's say you did put it on your High End gear and six months later you don't like the sound...how in the H*** do you get this stuff back OFF!!!!.......

To get all this stuff back off your High End gear, you would have to replace all the female connectors inside your gear and this would cost a lot money to replace all these connectors too...

This tweak has such a big effect on Mid-Fi gear that it might be.. "too much of a good thing" for your High End gear, causing the sound to go in the wrong direction...

This tweak is for somebody that don't have the money for High End gear but wants to get the "best sound" out of their low cost Mid-Fi gear. I thought they were a lot Mid-Fi users on this forum but there not BUT maybe there's a lot Mid-Fi users that look at this forum though...

More updates to come as this stuff fully breaks-in later on...

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Sounds like a good way to void the manufacturers warranty if you ask me...

Yes, this will void the manufactures warranty so if you want to try it.. only try it with cheap gear for right now. We still need to test it for a few years for any problems that might happen.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Sounds like a good way to void the manufacturers warranty if you ask me...

So lets consider the other side of the coin, lets pretend that someone goes to all that trouble above, and later discovers it doesn't work nearly as well as "advertised".

Good luck removing all that crap from all those inner connections, and if you break something in the process, the fix could be quite expensive - certainly more than it's worth - and it's highly unlikely the manufacturer will offset that cost based on warranty.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
So lets consider the other side of the coin, lets pretend that someone goes to all that trouble above, and later discovers it doesn't work nearly as well as "advertised".

Good luck removing all that crap from all those inner connections, and if you break something in the process, the fix could be quite expensive - certainly more than it's worth - and it's highly unlikely the manufacturer will offset that cost based on warranty.

That's the chance we all take when trying ANY tweak, this tweak is not going work in all the systems out BUT in some systems.. you will not stop raving about it!...

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
That's the chance we all take when trying ANY tweak

Do you of the borg "we" expect me to believe that ALL "tweaks" inherit the exact same risk?

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
I if QSG has any similarities to Tweek contact enhancer you need to exercise a lot of caution (restraint)...tweek was popular years ago, problem was over time it would migrate from contacts and bridge pcb traces, being conductive you can guess what would happen next. catastrophic failures in some cases. the 'coating' would also become capacitive over time (unwelcome side effect).

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I if QSG has any similarities to Tweek contact enhancer you need to exercise a lot of caution (restraint)...tweek was popular years ago, problem was over time it would migrate from contacts and bridge pcb traces, being conductive you can guess what would happen next. catastrophic failures in some cases. the 'coating' would also become capacitive over time (unwelcome side effect).

caveat emptor as the saying goes

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I can't imagine anyone with a significant financial investment in equipment willing to try this. Similarly, it's a bit hard to imagine why someone with cheap gear would want to go to the trouble.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I remember many years ago using Lloyd Walker's SST Extreme and coating all my outlets and terminations. I would never consider putting it on the tube pins and definitely would never add any of this to my gear's internal wiring and having learned from the SST Extreme and saw how difficult it is to remove I would never consider using it again nor would I use QSG on the internal wiring for all of the above stated reasons

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I've used "conductive grease" in other electronic applications besides audio, without incident, but the conditions and requirements are very different (especially marine). Manufacturers within these specific industries understand the requirements related to their environment. Hence why many manufacturers recommend/and or supply specific materials/instructions.

However, within these industries, these solutions are never considered "tweaks".

Last edited:

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
I can't imagine anyone with a significant financial investment in equipment willing to try this. Similarly, it's a bit hard to imagine why someone with cheap gear would want to go to the trouble.

perhaps because ... supposedly ... this tweak, used on "cheap" gear, may take you to the gates of heaven ...

sorry, couldn't resist (sigh)

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I remember many years ago using Lloyd Walker's SST Extreme and coating all my outlets and terminations. I would never consider putting it on the tube pins and definitely would never add any of this to my gear's internal wiring and having learned from the SST Extreme and saw how difficult it is to remove I would never consider using it again nor would I use QSG on the internal wiring for all of the above stated reasons

Steve , every 12 months we are going give you all feedback on any problems from this tweak. We need to wait and see how this turns out when using this.. contact enhancer after few years...

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012

Cheap Gear getting tired playing in the sand box wants to play with the Big Boys now....

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
Actually, I retract my above question because you have already waxed poetic about those differences. Look, ignore my line of questioning, because its conclusion is more than obvious, so I advizzze that you consider this past advice ...

"Please allow me to offer a friendly bit of advice then. Chill out on the rave reviews. I'm not speaking as a moderator, I'm speaking from my own mouth. You seem to lose credibility with every post you make. Take a step back and read the thread. Don't read into to what you say...but others and what they have to say. This has been a one way conversation for the most part and many folks are reacting the way I don't think you intended it to."

just saying ... it really is good advice ... at an opportunistic time.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Actually, I retract my above question because you have already waxed poetic about those differences. Look, ignore my line of questioning, because its conclusion is more than obvious, so I advizzze that you consider this past advice ...

"Please allow me to offer a friendly bit of advice then. Chill out on the rave reviews. I'm not speaking as a moderator, I'm speaking from my own mouth. You seem to lose credibility with every post you make. Take a step back and read the thread. Don't read into to what you say...but others and what they have to say. This has been a one way conversation for the most part and many folks are reacting the way I don't think you intended it to."

just saying ... it really is good advice ... at an opportunistic time.

TBone , we are just getting started here, we need to wait and see what others here on the forum say about this tweak after trying it. I'm only posting what I'm hearing with my own two ears.

You can get very very cheap vintage gear off E-bay to try this tweak out. I would really love it if a lot members here would try this tweak and let the other forum members here know what they think about this tweak. Lets let the FORUM be the JUDGE here.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing