Shipping CDs, DVDs, etc.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I'm not sure where to post this, so MODS can move it if it is in the wrong forum.
I will be moving from Illinois to New Jersey, and I need to ship CDs, DVDs, records, slides (from old negatives), photos and photo albums. Currently, the approach is to let the movers do this, so that means having these items in a truck for 3-8 days in the middle of Summer. Is this a bad idea? I'm worried that the heat in the truck may damage some of these.

Mike

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Knowing how hot trucks get in the summer, I wouldn't do it...especially the photo's and negs. The cd's may be able to handle the heat. You could also ship them via ups 2 day...although it may be expensive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing