Homeland Season 4: Tease

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
FYI, she's a producer, not an executive producer.

As such I assume she is paid by the EP for being a producer. Does that mean Claire gets to hire anyone she likes since she is the producer, making her THE boss of the series?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As such I assume she is paid by the EP for being a producer. Does that mean Claire gets to hire anyone she likes since she is the producer, making her THE boss of the series?

AFAIK the Producer does exactly that and they will often shop their film to studios with bigger budgets and/or those people who are truly Executive producers and they buy out the producer, How it works in an ongoing cable TV series is beyond me

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
AFAIK the Producer does exactly that and they will often shop their film to studios with bigger budgets and/or those people who are truly Executive producers and they buy out the producer, How it works in an ongoing cable TV series is beyond me

Good to know Steve.

Season 4 is surprisingly good. Never thought the plot can be thick with Brody gone, but the medical student and the kidnapping of Saul provide some riveting moments. Season 5! Good news.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels

No, there are 2 co-producers, 2 producers and 8 executive producers in this series so I think she's got a say in things but not the final word.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks for the explanation, Lindeman.

Btw, I recall that she played Juliet to Leonardo di Caprio's Romeo back in 1996 when she was just 17 years old. And she looked like this.

Claire-in-Romeo-Juliet-claire-danes-5772379-1024-576.jpg

claire-danes-as-juliet.jpg

Steve Williams

Tonight's episode IMO had to rank in the top 3 of all episodes. It was intriguing and suspenseful and had me hooked to the cliffhanger ending

That plus for the first time I thought Carrie played a decent part and her tète a tète with Saul was gut wrenching

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We are going to watch tonight's episode tomorrow. It came down to this or The Newsroom and the later won out. What a great episode and I can't believe they are ending this after just six this year. Homeland is good but the best writing is in The Newsroom.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
That probably was the best episode of Homeland in the last couple of seasons. Sure makes you want to see the next one.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In terms of heart pounding thrill, this has got to be the best episode for me. The face of the chief terrorist is very menacing at the end of the episode. What a cliffhanger!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And the script writing was fantastic in this last episode. My wife and I were talking about how the boy with a bomb vest is going to turn out after Saul's release and boom, the convoy of Carrie and Saul was attacked from nowhere. At first we even thought it was a car bomb detonated by remote. And the scene where Haqqani and his men entering the tunnel was absolutely riveting. 3 more episodes to go. Can't wait.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Didn't know we had to wait two weeks for the next episode!

Was surprised to find out too. Was so rev'ed up for this one. Arrgh...Why do they have to do this? Though I notice in 3 other shows I'm following, they have the same 'breaks' too.

Steve Williams

Was surprised to find out too. Was so rev'ed up for this one. Arrgh...Why do they have to do this? Though I notice in 3 other shows I'm following, they have the same 'breaks' too.

At the end of last week's episode it said next episode in 2 weeks

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com

Because of the Thanksgiving holiday. They want to maximize viewership and lots of people are either travelling or away.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Tonights episode was good but not up to the level of last weeks. They have set everything up rather nicely for the last two episodes of the season assuming they don't leave us with a cliffhanger for Season 5.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing