What do you do with the stickers on the cellophane outer wrap?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Many (if not most) albums (remasters usually) purchased today come with stickers on the outside cellophane wrap. These are easily removed and can be affixed directly to the album sleeve, if so desired. They can also be trimmed with a pair of scissors or a knife and kept aside. As a last option, they can be tossed entirely.

I have a tendency to affix them to the album cover, since most are rather small and unobtrusive, and it gives me a way to immediately identify the album. On the new The Division Bell album the sticker is huge and I'll probably just trim it and slide it inside.

What do you do?

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Many (if not most) albums (remasters usually) purchased today come with stickers on the outside cellophane wrap. These are easily removed and can be affixed directly to the album sleeve, if so desired. They can also be trimmed with a pair of scissors or a knife and kept aside. As a last option, they can be tossed entirely.

I have a tendency to affix them to the album cover, since most are rather small and unobtrusive, and it gives me a way to immediately identify the album. On the new The Division Bell album the sticker is huge and I'll probably just trim it and slide it inside.

What do you do?

Toss it = 90% of the time. Trim and keep it = the other 10% :) Depends on the design of the sticker, and its relevancy, I guess...
I never stick it to the original cover, though. That should always be kept immaculate!

alexandre

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
LPs and Stickers

Tend to do a variation of what you do. I usually don't remove the wrap on non-gatefolds so stickers stay where they are in that case. For gatefolds, I usually cut the sticker and place it somewhere inside. In either case, the cover is put in a new outer sleeve with the LPs in new rice paper sleeves between the outer and cover.

John

Toss it = 90% of the time. Trim and keep it = the other 10% :) Depends on the design of the sticker, and its relevancy, I guess...
I never stick it to the original cover, though. That should always be kept immaculate!

alexandre

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Ah yes, on non-gatefold covers, I keep the wrap/sticker too...

alexandre

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

What do you do?

I just toss them

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
toss them with great pleasure.

I hate it when they have the removable sticker, that takes off a bit of the cover when you remove :mad:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing