2 New Tapes from UltraAnalogue Recordings

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Dear Fellow Audiophiles

I just want to let you know I've just released 2 new tapes on the website!

They are the Beethoven Cello Sonata No.5 together with the Beethoven Piano Trio No.6 (Archduke)
violinist - Xiang Yu, cellist - Sietse-Jan Weijenberg, pianist - Julio Elizalde

The Cello Sonata is late Beethoven & it runs the whole spectrum of moods & emotions. The interplay of the 3 instruments in the Archduke Trio is pure magic as only Beethoven can spin it & the slow movement is so achingly beautiful!

Please have a look at: www.ultraanaloguerecordings.com

Have a great summer!
Edward

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow...I just went to your website and listened to the snip of Bach Cello Sonata 2...even on a laptop, that sounds amazing! And I mean amazing! Just a redbook guy here, but I much admire what you are doing. Remarkable.

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Wow...I just went to your website and listened to the snip of Bach Cello Sonata 2...even on a laptop, that sounds amazing! And I mean amazing! Just a redbook guy here, but I much admire what you are doing. Remarkable.

Many Thanks for your kind comments!
Find a tape deck (add an outboard head amp is best) - the sound character you'll hear will "turn your audio world upside down"

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
A good analog recordings still can show their best in digital format too that I believe
tony ma

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Many Thanks for your kind comments!
Find a tape deck (add an outboard head amp is best) - the sound character you'll hear will "turn your audio world upside down"

yes...that is exactly what I am afraid of! ;) I told myself years ago I would put all my energy into one source. That for me is my Zanden digital front-end with all the crazy isolation, mass damping, NOS tubes, tube dampers, and cables that I have put it into to take it as far as I could imagine.

But nevertheless, I appreciate not just the tape part of what you are doing...but the upfront recording/mastering as well. And as Tony Ma says, that would no doubt be great in digital redbook...if you ever produce or wish to sell a burned CD, let me know! AFter listening to your snips on your site, I am interested!!!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
A good analog recordings still can show their best in digital format too that I believe
tony ma

Good to know and to hear it from an authority!

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
yes...that is exactly what I am afraid of! ;) I told myself years ago I would put all my energy into one source. That for me is my Zanden digital front-end with all the crazy isolation, mass damping, NOS tubes, tube dampers, and cables that I have put it into to take it as far as I could imagine.

But nevertheless, I appreciate not just the tape part of what you are doing...but the upfront recording/mastering as well. And as Tony Ma says, that would no doubt be great in digital redbook...if you ever produce or wish to sell a burned CD, let me know! AFter listening to your snips on your site, I am interested!!!

I do Have 1 production CD for sale on the website: It's Beethoven Cello Sonata No.3, Op.69 & Rachmaninov Cello Sonata. We actually got a favourable review in "Strad Magazine" April 2012. This CD is a DSD transfer of the master tape & retains the analogue character of the master.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
It would be nice if these recordings were made available in high res digital. I would considering buying some. No reel to reel player here and frankly, the tapes are too much money for me. I appreciate the quality but too rich for my blood. With high res digital, I can take my music on the road too. Can't do that with the tape and the player!

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I received my copies (along with a couple of others) last week and got to listen to them today. Again Ed has done a wonderful job. Classical chamber music is a real (and reel) treat, especially with such fine young artists as Ed has found and recorded. The Archduke is one of my favorite pieces and it sounds very much like they are playing in my listening room.

If you have a good R2R rig, order a couple of tapes from Ed. You won't be sorry. BTW, Ed, unlike most other purveyors, prefers NAB EQ to CCIR. I order his tapes as NAB, although I have to remember to switch back to CCIR for my other 15ips 2track tapes. He will provide them with CCIR EQ.

Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing