Desert Island stereo cartridge

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
TechDAS TD COi on Graham Elite on TechDAS Air Force One. I love the combo because of the silence and very even tonal balance they provide together. I love it when no band sticks out or is overemphasized. I love it when the set up is extremely quiet because I can really appreciate artistic nuances not to mention that when the big swings come, it makes for some really explosive dynamics. The Elite was designed for the AFO and the TD COi for the Elite.

Phonostages are Lamm LP2 Deluxe and Custom Valvet Soulphono with Telefunken 803s and 801s matched and balanced tubes.

My other carts A90, Lyra Atlas, XV-1t, Goldfinger S, CA Titanium v1, Transfiguration Proteus, Koetsu Jade Platinum, MY Sonic Labs Ultra Eminent BC, ZYX Airy 3 S. Coming any day now, TechDAS TD Ti, also designed for use with the Elite and AF One/AF Two. I love all of these. I joke with my wife that I love them all like children. They all bring something special. The question was however about desert islands. I assume I can't bring them all! :D

My other turntable is a TW Acoustic AC-3 with a Triplanar U2, TW 10.5 and B-44 Phantom II.

topoxforddoc

Feb 20, 2015
Cheltenham, UK
Without a shadow of doubt, my John Wright rebuilt Decca FFSS MkIV C4E. IMHO the best Decca cartridge until the current London Reference.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing