My latest TT project..

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Just got this finished yesterday. My tech came out and installed the arm/cart and adjusted the suspension. It's a TD160 Super from Vinyl Nirvana with a custom plinth made by my Amish cabinet maker...the RB301 arm off my P2-24 and a Goldring 1042 cartridge. I am running it with a Forte FP1 phone stage and it sounds pretty darn good.

TD160 1 resized.jpg TD160 2 resized.jpg TD160 3 resized.jpg TD160 4 resized.jpg

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Not at all Gary..

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Nice! I almost bought a 160 after living with it for a while (ended up with a great deal on an almost-new Linn clone, think AR but forget the model after all this time). Mine did not look as nice as yours!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Not at all Gary..

Thanks. I'll post a link here after it has been set-up.

I think that the TD160 was one of the best of the vintage Thorens - and still relatively affordable compared to the (now) ridiculously priced TD124's in the market.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing