Alan interviews Hideaki-san :)

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Keep in mind that the performance of my AF1 is even superior to that of Nishakawa-sans (No disrespect) as he does not have active isolation. It is a significant audible improvement with active isolation. Many times I have forgotten to turn the Table Stable on....only to realize the sound isn't as transparent, quiet and defined as I remembered. I look over to the TT and see the Table Stable off. When I hit the button, the magic comes back.

Until you get the Vertere Reference Tonearm, you are still only utilizing some of the potential of the AF1.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Until you get the Vertere Reference Tonearm, you are still only utilizing some of the potential of the AF1.

Ahh but have you sampled the Elite yet ? Big gains over the supreme and a fraction of the cost compared to the Vertere. Active isolation trumps the marginal performance gains of any arm at this level, IMO...until someone other than myself on this planet tries active isolation with the AF1, they will never know the full potential of the table. What's the big deal spending $12k to maximize a $100k table ? The Elite plus active isolation is still considerably less investment than that exotic arm w/o active isolation. I am more than confident I went in the right direction.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Have you heard Nishakawa-san's table? Does he use the same cartridge/arm/cable that you do? I've seen lots of photos with different arms on that table.

He uses the Graham Elite. I use the Graham Elite. I doubt he uses the Odin tonearm cable, which IMO is the best tonearm cable money can buy. I use Koetsu Coralstone and Dynevextor XV1t, some of the finest carts on the planet. Nishakawa's only missing piece is active isolation. Just like speaker makers who won't endorse stillpoint's, no turntable manufacturer is going to recommend 3rd party isolation devices. My ears don't lie in this regard. The improvement is more than significant.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing