miss my VR-4 jrs

MLGrado

Mar 19, 2014
Yeah, I do. Briefly owned a pair back in 2006, purchased from the now defunct and slimy as hell Sound and Cinema in Knoxville TN... ( the owner, that is. His employees were good as gold, putting up with daily police and collection visits, and the more than occassional bounced payroll check)

Anyway, what a pair of speakers!!!!! Can't think of anything I have heard since that are notably better.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Jrs were our top seller. Over here you will very rarely see one on the second hand market. Owners almost always decide to keep them and move them to second systems when they upgrade. The size is such that they take up about the same space as standmounts. There is one I heard better than the Jrs. with the same form factor. The current upgraded Jrs. While VSA no longer makes them, there is an upgrade package where all drivers are changed and the crossover too. More extended and refined on both ends while maintaining the Jr Mk2's midrange character.

It's too bad you let go of your Jrs. You could have sent them to the factory and had the work done. In the scheme of things the whole process doesn't cost all that much either.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing