Lampizator Amber?

MLGrado

Mar 19, 2014
well then... I assume it will happen at some point.

but scratch it off the list for now. Shucks.

Mrmb

Jun 30, 2014
Based on the hand-built nature of their products, I would guess that a 115V Amber should not be a problem!

Suggest that you shoot the U.S. Lampi guys an email: LampizatOr North America <lampizatorna@gmail.com>

I ordered a Big7 this weekend and my email communications with Rob have been prompt and superb!

MLGrado

Mar 19, 2014
Right. The Lampizator North America folks say there are no plans at this time to bring the Amber model into the U.S. and Canada for sale. But it could happen one day, down the road.
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue74/lampizator_7.htm

Hmmmm...

but there is someone in North America with one, apparently..

I assume there must be some low noise 'audiophile friendly' stepup transformer that one could conceivably use.. hmmm

I have a family friend in Germany... might have to have her order an Amber and let me know how it sounds.. maybe she even could ship it to me so I can have a listen :D

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Hmmmm...

but there is someone in North America with one, apparently..

I assume there must be some low noise 'audiophile friendly' stepup transformer that one could conceivably use.. hmmm

I have a family friend in Germany... might have to have her order an Amber and let me know how it sounds.. maybe she even could ship it to me so I can have a listen :D

That could work. The Lampizator North America folks say they will make a decision soon on whether or not to bring the Amber DAC to North America:

"The Amber won't be shown as we have not brought that to the North American market as of yet... We will likely arrive on a decision as to the amber soon."
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=127286.msg1342998#msg1342998

Choose Mains Voltage: 115V is NOT AVAILABLE yet
http://www.lampizator.eu/newdac/lampizator/Amber_Order.html

Last edited:

Doak

Nov 29, 2013
Got my Amber order in last week. Hope to see it by year's end.

Will gladly report once it's situated and settled in the system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing