Yo Yo Ma and Xiang Yu

tony ky ma

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Whitby Ontario Canada
Here are some news of Xiang Yu

Dear Friends,

For those who attented our May 24 concert, you would know that Xiang has just been signed by C-M Artists Management of New York & he's just had his debut with the Houston Symphony playing the Bruch Concerto on June 20.

Xiang just forwarded this video link for his Boston concert to me....please have a look & listen......I think you will all see a budding artist ready to be heard by the world....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSZTjvyj24s

He told me he will be playing a Chinese New Year's concert with YoYo Ma & the New York Phil next year & they are in discussions with the TSO for a concert here in Toronto! I will certainly let you know when that gets finalized!

I've just received word from our friend, Parisan pianist Yun-Yang Lee he finally has his French passport & will be able to travel soon! I will be planning a solo recital for Xiang & Yun-Yang in the future. Please stay tuned for this.... it will be a concert "not to be missed"!

Have a great summer

Ed & Amy

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Dear Ed & Amy,

Congratulations!
How marvelous :cool:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
great stuff!

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
Thanks Sam

It's very humbling & a wonderful experience to be able to record these artists & be so close to this great music!

I will be releasing 2 new tapes soon...an all Beethoven program. Beethoven Cello Sonata No.5 & the Archduke Piano Trio. One of these tapes is 35 minutes long to fit it all in! (needs a splice) Just waiting for a blank tape order from RMGI.

My recent recording of Sietse-Jan playing Bach Suite #1 & the Cassado Suite for Solo Cello has been really well received. The Cassado is an amazing Spanish piece... have a listen to the sample track...

have a great summer!
Ed

Socfan12

May 5, 2013
Here are some news of Xiang Yu

Dear Friends,

For those who attented our May 24 concert, you would know that Xiang has just been signed by C-M Artists Management of New York & he's just had his debut with the Houston Symphony playing the Bruch Concerto on June 20.

Xiang just forwarded this video link for his Boston concert to me....please have a look & listen......I think you will all see a budding artist ready to be heard by the world....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSZTjvyj24s

He told me he will be playing a Chinese New Year's concert with YoYo Ma & the New York Phil next year & they are in discussions with the TSO for a concert here in Toronto! I will certainly let you know when that gets finalized!

I've just received word from our friend, Parisan pianist Yun-Yang Lee he finally has his French passport & will be able to travel soon! I will be planning a solo recital for Xiang & Yun-Yang in the future. Please stay tuned for this.... it will be a concert "not to be missed"!

Have a great summer

Ed & Amy

My wife and I have tickets to this Chinese New Year concert. Very much looking forward to hearing both Yo Yo Ma and Xiang Yu.

Will you be recording this event perhaps?

Edward Pong

Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2013
Locust Hill, Ontario
My wife and I have tickets to this Chinese New Year concert. Very much looking forward to hearing both Yo Yo Ma and Xiang Yu.

Will you be recording this event perhaps?

No I will not be recording this..... However, I gave YoYo one of my tapes last year - but I'm sure he's too busy to source a tape deck to have a listen... it would be very cool if I could ever entice him to try some analogue recording!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing