• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    533.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Nice Hendrix & Beatles vinyl! I'm not the biggest Hendrix fan, but I do have 7 of the ones you show. I have all of the Canadian Beatles pressings, the odd mono UK and also the UK Blue Box.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Great system and room, Garth.

I have found that, if you have the space, large electrostatics with adequate subs (the Descent i is one of them) represent fantastic quality and great value for money.
Nice to find you use Cardas Clear cables - what type do you use on the CLX? Can I also ask how you connect the Descent i's to the main system?

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

pcosta

Jul 25, 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Hi Garth

Do you use your Clearaudio Outer Limit ring clamp for every record. Is it a hassle or just something you have gotten so used to you don't think about it.

Paul

pcosta

Jul 25, 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I just bought a used one with the centering tool, but haven't got it yet for a great price. It seems like have the records I buy these days have some sort of warp.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
At a local record dealer a English guy is turning in his near mint Collection he brought with him from England. This is the second lot I have bought some days you get lucky. View attachment 17248

Some nice titles there Garth! Congrats. However, these aren't all UK pressings though. The Kate Bush - The Kick Inside is a US/CAN cover. There were 7 different covers. And I believe the STYX is an A&M Audiophile release, which were only made available in Canada, but pressed by JVC in Japan.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
You are right Jonny the Styx was pressed in Japan. And yes some of it is North American I am buying most of this collection to fill in the holes on my own stuff or because of the Britch and German pressings. All are mint or near mint not something I see often getting the first Wish Bone Ash record was a bonus

In all of my 45yrs of buying vinyl I have never come across something I wanted to bulk buy. I've looked at several collections during that time, but I haven't pulled the trigger on any of it due to the condition. But it's fine as I have enough anyway.

Happy listening!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing