Kinky Boots

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I just returned from a 5 day trip to the east coast where I stayed with my good friend Marty. Listened to an amazing world class system once again at Marty's new house. Earlier in the week we sojourned into NYC where we caught the matinee of Kinky Boots. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this production. I even saw the film from which the play was adapted prior to seeing the Broadway show. In spite of this I must admit that I wasn't prepared for what I saw. Simply put, this was one of the BEST shows I have ever seen on Broadway. Harvey Fierstein wrote the book that inspired the film.

http://kinkybootsthemusical.com/?gc...ohw1VY3hz50njQmphSsYu5AEgOGlXAq3Nq1LxHE_D_BwE

From the official web site.....

KINKY BOOTS is the exhilarating Broadway musical that will lift your spirits to new high-heeled heights! Winner of six Tony Awards® including BEST MUSICAL, this inspirational story follows a struggling shoe factory owner who works to turn his business around with help from the most unlikely person. Together, these two become an unstoppable team, and find that they have more in common than they ever dreamed possible… proving that when you change your mind about someone, you can change your whole world.
Inspired by a true story, KINKY BOOTS features a joyous, Tony-winning score by CYNDI LAUPER, direction and Tony-winning choreography by JERRY MITCHELL and a hilarious, uplifting book by four-time Tony winner HARVEY FIERSTEIN. Come join the sold-out audiences who’ve discovered why sometimes, the best way to fit in is to stand out!

Billy Porter who plays Lola is truly "THE" show. This guy can sing act and emote. The final few scenes in this production will truly leave you with a lump in your throat.

This is truly one show that if you get a chance to see, run, don't walk.

The production goes on tour later this year and I intend on seeing it at Pantages Theater in Los Angeles in November

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
We wherein NY 2 weeks ago. Got to see Wicked and The Jersey Boys. Can't wait to see The Jersey Boys movie as I absolutely love the music. Kinky Boots was doing some serious advertising but we had limited time. Not at all disappointed in the two we saw.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing