Tripoint Audio - new top model grounding device

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Initial reports say this is a lights out system .... LIVE energy !

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
image.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
image.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Tripoint Emperor AC

image.jpg image.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
image.jpg image.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
image.jpg image.jpg

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
The Asian shows are amazing with their attendance...I wonder why such a difference?

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
I found this on Audiogoon. I think it's Miguel's comment...

"First came the Troy and showed me that music reproduction could be more humanistic, with more harmonic detail. Troy Signature extended this humanistic feeling due to extra level of accuracy. Than Troy Signature/Thor came into the picture and brought real genuine instrument timbre, solidity, weight and texture with unlimited sound field, palpable energy, and lifelike dynamics. Now Emperor Master Reference Ground Station 300 pound monster is born and music is a whole rather than parts. Energy is fully balanced from top to bottom with even more solidity density to instruments.
Emperor has the ability to give real midrange harmonic details without highlighting the highs like many other hifi designs. This alone I have never heard from any component ever witnessed. Not even the most sophisticated amplifier, speaker designs can accomplish this. Every single parameter has improved in a way that I thought not possible and the experience is addictive. Power, ease, beauty all into one. The impossible has been accomplished and I'm left with the most natural sound I've ever heard witnessed."

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
The Asian shows are amazing with their attendance...I wonder why such a difference?

in the States we have people doing all sorts of things with their spare time; hiking, boating, playing golf, etc. etc. and most more affluent people live in relatively large separate family homes. so people tend to stay at home since they like to be there. in large asian urban areas most people live in apartments or condos in relatively small spaces. hifi fits their life style as it works in apartments, and they typically go out to urban events in their spare time.

plus more young Asians tend to be serious about hifi than the same age group in this country.

so a hifi event simply has more relevance in much of Asia for relatively more people.

we are still talking about a small percentage of the population, but it's much higher density of hifi intenders than here.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Given the tremendous positive effects of the Troy signature in both my Genesis 1.1 and Tidal Sunray T1 set ups and after talking extensively to Miguel about what to expect from the emperor compared to the Troy signature I have decided to make the next step and go for the emperor. Not yet sure when it will be delivered as the production of this 'beast' is complicated and very time consuming. For those who are interested I will post my future experiences.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Given the tremendous positive effects of the Troy signature in both my Genesis 1.1 and Tidal Sunray T1 set ups and after talking extensively to Miguel about what to expect from the emperor compared to the Troy signature I have decided to make the next step and go for the emperor. Not yet sure when it will be delivered as the production of this 'beast' is complicated and very time consuming. For those who are interested I will post my future experiences.

Congrats! Big step! Look forward to reading all about it.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Just came from audioexotics showroom . The effect of Tripoint emperor is unbelievable . At that price point u wouldn't believe it can be that good unless u hear it with your own ears . Amazing is the only word I can describe of its contribution to what I heard at audioexotics

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks much for your comments audioblazer. Not surprised that you are so enthusiastic. Have not heard the Tripoint emperor yet but I hope it will do the same wonders in my systems as you already have experienced in Hong Kong.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guys, what are the likely RRPs for the Emperor grounding box and AC conditioner? Rest assured, this is not going to become a flame war on high end pricing, I'm just curious to see how the price spectrum on system enhancements fit into the scale of general high end pricing. After my Entreq experience, I really do believe this is the area (w/room treatments) audiophiles should really sink their cash into to unlock the truest potential of their equipment. I have a massive respect for Miguel and Per Olof of Entreq for putting the blood, sweat and tears needed to get this technology to the market.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
The emperor ground and the emperor ac are statement pieces built in limited production. Only six units are (being) built in 2014. All 2014 inventory has been sold. Only eight units will be available in 2015. The mrsp for the emperor ground is usd 70k. The mrsp for the emperor ac is also usd 70k.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
What is the difference between the Emperor Ground and Emperor AC ?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I really do think Miguel is missing a trick by not having a more entrance level grounding box. I understand he's very much the perfectionist, but surely there can be trickle down tech to something more affordable. The $70k Emperor is not out of place in the context of the recent SOTA Audio Exotics Show system (£150k each on front end, amps and spkrs, $100k on cables), standard Troy/Troy SE reasonable in a Magico/Soulution/DCS rig. Per Olof of Entreq has several levels/prices of grounding box, starting at £1.5k, which is easier to contemplate/integrate in more cost conscious systems like mine.
Note, this is not a criticism of ultra high end pricing, it's just that grounding really needs to be more available to a wider cross section of audiophiles, and $1k-$3k would hit the sweet spot for many. Don't doubt however the Emperor is spectacular.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Neil Muncy did write on SCIN shield induced cable noise and all I'm saying is that the high end is way behind on the learning curve on EMI noise reduction. I can spend 50 bucks and rid my system of noise. Then you have people that know how simple it is and rape poor ignorant people with 10K,20K and up gimmicks that are designed to hide the simplicity of noise reduction. I wonder why,it's not because people have a vested interest in the status quo? Good night Sir.

http://www.rane.com/pdf/ranenotes/SCIN_Shield_Current_Induced_Noise.pdf

http://www.rane.com/note151.html

Hum .. Roger ...

The Emperor seems to cost $70,000 or am I wrong?

I have been involved in Grounding and it is an important aspect often neglected. The techniques to achieve good grounding are relatively well known but often difficult to implement. The thing is if one is willing to invest in a serious power plant for the most superlative Audio system, this would not cost $70K for the most pristine power source you could find for your audio system , that with isolation transformer, special 4-wire ..wiring.. Superb Outlets ,even if one commits an act of folly and goes to the "Audiophile" outlets, you know, those that are frozen ..err.. cryo-treated .. etc. You could with that price invest in a solar array to power the system and your house on top of that.

I will bow out but had to post this. This lack of criticism toward those products doesn't IMO, advance High End Audio, they just continue/encourage its transformation into a Luxury Goods market/outlet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing