REGA RP10 isolation platform

Nounours18200

Jun 24, 2012
Grasse (France)
Hi,

There are so many topics on this subject that I would like to know what your recommandation is for an isolation platform, to be use with the new REGA RP10 turntable (the RP10 has no suspension at all, and its weight is very low).

Thanks for your advices !

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
I had a P9 and didn't isolate it in any special way and it sounded great, its lightweight by design and not meant to sink energy but transfer it away. something like the quadraspire shelf/rack system is prob ideal. if you follow the advice of the designer he advocates for wall mounting with a rega shelf.

HBA

Jul 3, 2019
Use the own Rega Wall Bracket...the best device for Rega Turntables....and I have used many...believe me.
Not Expensive, simple, well done and the most important : improves the sound a lot .

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Rega is one of those TTs that a wall bracket makes so much sense due to absence of weight.

Reactions: paolo

labjr1

Jun 18, 2020
I tried the Rega Wall Bracket for the P8 / P10 and it was horrible. (I run a Planar 8) I did not have the ability to place it on a load bearing wall and it picked up resonances from the wall that would not allow me to turn the volume up to even listening levels. I then tried the Symposium Acoustics Segue ISO platform and found that even the model designed for the 40 lb. and below turntables is not designed for a turntable as light as the P8/P10/RP8/RP10. It is simply too springy with a 5 .8lb turntable sitting on it. I had to add add 2 marble tiles to it to get enough weight to make it settle in properly. Once I did that it worked effectively but with the stock Rega feet it sounded bass heavy and muddy. When I switched to Rega Isolation cone feet it sounded too bright. I ended up putting the Segue ISO in the attic and going back to the stock feet.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I used a Rega P9 with Spiral Groove strange attractors threaded for the Rega. I was very pleased the sound and the ability to level the table.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Hi,

There are so many topics on this subject that I would like to know what your recommandation is for an isolation platform, to be use with the new REGA RP10 turntable (the RP10 has no suspension at all, and its weight is very low).

Thanks for your advices !

As you noted, the weight of the turntable is low. I place my RP 10 directly on my rack (Critical Mass). I have made no modifications. I am happy with the results. I'm not sure that some of the tweaks and platforms used for heavier units will make a difference with a table this light.

Reactions: paolo

rDin

Oct 28, 2019
I'm using this: http://www.ginkgoaudio.com/product/cloud11r/ with my RP10. Objectively improved measurement of vibrations on the platter and subjective improvement in sound quality. Went through a bunch of platforms/supports and this was the best performing in measurements.

Reactions: Down Under

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
I have used one myself (Gingko) under a VPI Super Scoutmaster and it was an excellent improvement for not much money .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing