New Affordable Interconnect: Black Cat Lectraline Xe Micro

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I've been listening to this since yesterday but the sound quality is excellent for a $250 per meter pair interconnect.

I will let it break in some more and post some more thoughts but this is a decent choice for affordable interconnect.

Photo-40.jpg

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Beldin wire under the braid?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Beldin wire under the braid?

No, solid core silver of Chris Sommovigo's design. He doesn't use Belden for anything. Chris builds his own cables in house from metal strands on spools. The key is his Aeron shielding. He was the designer of the Illuminati digital cable and the Stereovox cables which Stereophile praised.

mep, have you tried any of his wire? I find it beats many of the more expensive audio cables. I went through many Kimber, Audioquest and Cardas cables before settling on these.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
No, solid core silver of Chris Sommovigo's design. He doesn't use Belden for anything. Chris builds his own cables in house from metal strands on spools. The key is his Aeron shielding. He was the designer of the Illuminati digital cable and the Stereovox cables which Stereophile praised.

mep, have you tried any of his wire? I find it beats many of the more expensive audio cables. I went through many Kimber, Audioquest and Cardas cables before settling on these.

Agree Chris's cabling is something special-- I use it throughout --replaced Valhalla's

BruceD

mep

Apr 20, 2010

No, I have never tried any of his cables. I would be happy to hear them if I had a chance.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
No, I have never tried any of his cables. I would be happy to hear them if I had a chance.

You may want to spend $400 and try the Lectraline Xe. Great cables and the price may be low enough for you to experiment with. I think there is a money back guarantee.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
'affordable interconnect' and 'a $250 per meter pair interconnect' is a oxymoron if I ever saw one.

By today's high end, that is affordable!

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Where did you find it for $250 per meter pair. Can't seem to find it that cheap. Interested in a 2M pair.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Where did you find it for $250 per meter pair. Can't seem to find it that cheap. Interested in a 2M pair.

It's just hitting the market. Chris told me that was the expected price point.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
'affordable interconnect' and 'a $250 per meter pair interconnect' is a oxymoron if I ever saw one.

It's all a matter of perspective. If you are used to spending $5.00 for a pair at Rat Shack, than $250 is outrageous. If you are used to buying ICs for $5,000 a meter, $250 is chump change.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
It's all a matter of perspective. If you are used to spending $5.00 for a pair at Rat Shack, than $250 is outrageous. If you are used to buying ICs for $5,000 a meter, $250 is chump change.

And coat hangers are free.

That said, Chris deserves kudos, not ridicule, for his current project.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
And coat hangers are free.

That said, Chris deserves kudos, not ridicule, for his current project.

I wouldn't mind trying some. If somebody replaced their Nordost cables with his, that tells you something.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I wouldn't mind trying some. If somebody replaced their Nordost cables with his, that tells you something.

I replaced my Cardas Golden Reference with Lectraline.

Evolusean

Apr 21, 2014
Atlanta
It's a pity they don't make them in XLR..

I've heard good things about these..

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
com
Chris's Cables replaced Valhalla's in my system-- the warmth returned--the detail remained.

Highly recommended

BruceD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing