Any Karan Acqustics owners here?

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
Hi there,
I'm looking at upgrading my Krell amps for something more modern.
The Karan KA M900's are of interest to me.
TAD Reference 1 are the speakers they will be running.
Thoughts?
Suggestions?

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Joe,
Not quite in the league you are looking at but a mate in Melbourne is running the KA I 180 integrated. It's a lovely amp - very good power for an integrated and still very musical. He runs it with SF Cremonas and loves the pairing. They are way overpriced in Australia. My mate bought his direct from the distributor in Singapore and saved a packet.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There's a guy here on WBF who runs the big KAMs with Magico Q5s. I can't, for the life of me, remember his username. I do remember that he loves them a lot.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
There's a guy here on WBF who runs the big KAMs with Magico Q5s. I can't, for the life of me, remember his username. I do remember that he loves them a lot.

I think it's Sonrock.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
C'mon Joe

Stop wimping out. Go the whole hog - KA M2000. :cool:

Have Radiance got a pair to listen to first?

KA-M2000-front2.jpg

Reactions: rubinken

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Currently demo'n a KA S 400 Shane.
I like what it does, I think the 900's will be something else.
The 2000's are well out of budget.

If you like the KA S400 as much or better then the KAS, you could well be on the mark.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
I lived with KA S450 between 2003 and 2010 and now I use KA M2000. Some of my friends use KA S180 and KA S650 and all are extremely satisfied. Karan amps »mate« with Avalon, Nola and Reference 3A speakers extremely well. Why I use Karan? Because I haven't heard any other solid state amp that sounds so smooth, refined and un-solid state but with the authority, speed and slam and tube soundstage dimensionality. Karan amps are very well known and highly regarded in Europe and in the Far East. For the build quality, sound and W/ch they are also fairly priced. Here's my Karan KA M2000 with Avalon Time.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?12298-My-(SMT)-room

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

jsjenkins168

Aug 16, 2016
Austin, TX USA
Karan KAM2000

Just became a proud owner of a new pair of Karan KAM2000. I purchased these from Zoran Filipovic at Hermes Netherlands. Zoran is the same person who supplied Joël Chevassus his units for his review on 6moons. No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer so I wanted to share my experience. I was in the process of critically evaluating Constellation monobocks with a local dealer when I stumbled on a set of used Karan KAM1200 which I decided to purchase instead and was blown away. I saw why Roy Gregory raved so much about them when they were first released. I was content with the KAM1200 but began talking with Zoran after having some technical questions and he gave me a deal on a trade-in towards the KAM2000 which was just too good to pass up. Because Zoran sells direct he is able to offer a much better deal than a local dealer typically would. I'm sure the currently favorable USD exchange rate also helped. Just finishing up break-in period on the KAM2000 but it is immediately apparent they are an entire higher level than even the KAM1200.. I now feed my Chord DAVE directly to the Karans and the resolution and soundstage is breathtaking. I recommend anyone looking to upgrade your amps to at least drop Zoran a line, you might be surprised with what kind of deal he can get you. One thing to note is being a direct sale to an individual without a customs broker, there is the added step in that I needed to take air waybill and receipt to my local customs office to have it signed off and released for final delivery. So the catch of the deal is that it did require some additional effort on my part. Not having a dealer local could be seen as a down-side too but the 5 year warranty is confidence inspiring and Zoran is a excellent and extremely knowledgeable resource. These are incredible amps folks, I think among the very best for the price.

karan-kam2000-1.jpg

Reactions: goodsource

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
congrats and great news! that's some serious high quality power. enjoy.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys i'm still considering the Karan KA S600 for my new system but would like to know how it would mate with a Nagra Classic preamp ?
My speakers are Thiel CS 3.7s therefore i would prefer to have tubes in the chain.
At the end of the month i sould be auditioning at home a pair of Ypsilon Aelius ll monoblocks, if ever they end up short in current i would have to look at Karan KAS 600, D'agostino Classic stereo or BAT VK-655SE.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing