Summer Movies 2014

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Am I the only one that is disappointed by what's coming out? I did see Godzilla a few weeks ago- I'd give it a B- to be kind. The trailers were generally terrible outside of Nolan's new film, Innerstellar, which is a fall release.

Just seems like Hollywood has sequel city this summer and none of them look very good. Ted 2.0, Transformers 4, 22 Jumpstreet (well, this actually might be good), Apes 40.0, TMNT, Expendables 3. etc.

I'm actually going to see Chef this weekend for a different kind of movie. What have you seen that was enjoyable?

KeithR

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Am I the only one that is disappointed by what's coming out? I did see Godzilla a few weeks ago- I'd give it a B- to be kind. The trailers were generally terrible outside of Nolan's new film, Innerstellar, which is a fall release.

Just seems like Hollywood has sequel city this summer and none of them look very good. Ted 2.0, Transformers 4, 22 Jumpstreet (well, this actually might be good), Apes 40.0, TMNT, Expendables 3. etc.

I'm actually going to see Chef this weekend for a different kind of movie. What have you seen that was enjoyable?

KeithR

I saw Godzilla which BTW was not about Godzilla . It was hands down the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I saw Godzilla which BTW was not about Godzilla . It was glands down the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life.

Worse than the Love Guru?

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I saw Godzilla which BTW was not about Godzilla . It was g
hands down the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life.

:D

I still cannot understand what audiences (and some critics) liked about this movie .. What a waste of Juliet Binoche (and any other actor or actress) talent! I have seen worse though :)

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
:D

I still cannot understand what audiences (and some critics) liked about this movie .. What a waste of Juliet Binoche (and any other actor or actress) talent! I have seen worse though :)

Killing Binoche was fine, but doing the same to Cranston mid-way through the movie made no sense. I really just enjoyed the people scared shitless of the monsters and the media reaction in the film.

wasn't quite so bad as Batman & Robin :)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Killing Binoche was fine, but doing the same to Cranston mid-way through the movie made no sense. I really just enjoyed the people scared shitless of the monsters and the media reaction in the film.

wasn't quite so bad as Batman & Robin :)

It was not her "killing" which bothered me, it was her non presence, her non-plot related presence or in that case absence . No one was acting in that movie, they seem to have had only a few lines to repeat ad nauseum e,g the Japnese Scientist trying to convince us of his awe of Godzilla ... Pathetic movie ...

OTOH there are sleepers for one "Chef" and it is a nice sweet movie with a performance by the ultra-beautiful Scarlett Johansen that was off the chart.. in this movie she was at her best in a secondary role, a relatively short part, where her superb acting range were at display . It was as iif she was enjoying not having to be ..you know .. Scarlett Johnassen :)...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I saw Godzilla which BTW was not about Godzilla . It was hands down the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life.

My feelings too. I never saw at length any old Godzilla movie, those rubbery versions, and it's only now that I realize that the thing is a good guy, a hero.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nobody watched the movie that killed Godzilla? X-Men: Days of Future Past was great. Well, if you are an X-Men fan that is. It basically reboots the franchise correcting the cluster *&^&%$ made by Last Stand Director Rattner by creating an alternate timeline much as was done in the comic books. Unfortunately the miscasting of Jansen and Marsden, who SHOULD be the major love interests can't be undone. Marsden looks like Janzen's boy toy. Marsden's character is central to the X-Men. Using Wolverine was a huge mistake. It was a sell out that took away from the franchise' central theme. Racism and Social inequality.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing