MSB Diamond IV Select dac

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I would try the renderer module first. IMO it has the potential to sound even better. And who needs a computer anyway. NAS + iPad + DAC is all one should need.

If only UPNP control apps were better ....

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Ours just landed :D

And of course, this is one of the 5 pre-production units, so the packaging isn't final either...

IMG_2311.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,067
Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Black - nice.

At this price, one would expect the DAC to be delivered in a sturdy flight case. Those cost like $300 per piece to make.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Black - nice.

At this price, one would expect the DAC to be delivered in a sturdy flight case. Those cost like $300 per piece to make.

Adam,

Do I need to write this again? These are not final production units, and no one knows what the final product packaging will be. Most likely it won't be a box like that.

Anyway, here's another pic, next to the UMT V Transport/PowerBase.

IMG_2194.JPG

alexandre

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
You mean this ?

A friend of mine did on his Linn Klimax DS (it has a SMPS) and liked it a lot.

I have my doubts about the value for money ratio for this product ... there is just a toroid transformer inside + some potted parts. Doesn't really look like much when you open it. I have opend one up and took some images.

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
You mean this ?

A friend of mine did on his Linn Klimax DS (it has a SMPS) and liked it a lot.

I have my doubts about the value for money ratio for this product ... there is just a toroid transformer inside + some potted parts. Doesn't really look like much when you open it. I have opend one up and took some images.
Yup that's the one I am researching

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
It is a very simple device, with one input and one output:

Inside there is a single toroid transformer, directly connected to AC inlet and AC outlet. There is also some kind of a parallel network (orange and brown wires; on the right). It is hard to tell what it is (a capacitor) since it is potted:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing