TAD R-1's VS Yamaha NS F901's

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Ruguemodel on the Audiogon forum said.. "these Yamaha ns-f901's are Not a Joke"!...."they were Designed Specifically to Take Down the TAD's"! He said.. he bought a pair of Yamaha f901's and.. he Did Not Even Need New Speakers Yet!

Sounds like these Yamaha f901's are Going to Remain A.. Well Kept Secret!!;) and... "One of the Biggest Bargains to Ever Come on the Market"!

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
You must like Bose 901's as well ;)

Ruguemodel on the Audiogon forum said.. "these Yamaha ns-f901's are Not a Joke"!...."they were Designed Specifically to Take Down the TAD's"! He said.. he bought a pair of Yamaha f901's and.. he Did Not Even Need New Speakers Yet!

Sounds like these Yamaha f901's are Going to Remain A.. Well Kept Secret!!;) and... "One of the Biggest Bargains to Ever Come on the Market"!

Well bloody hell! Why didn't you say so! If Ruguemodel said so it must be true!
How silly l was to trust my own ears. :)

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Well bloody hell! Why didn't you say so! If Ruguemodel said so it must be true!
How silly l was to trust my own ears. :)

Joe...If you put these Yamaha f901's with the Right Gear.. they might be more to your liking!.. I'm trying to save you a lot money here...A friend of mine use to own TAD R-1's with TAD gear and he now owns Yamaha ns-f901's with top of the line Reference Yamaha gear!!

They had the new Yamaha NS-5000's:p at the Tokyo International Audio Show BUT the Reviewers could not get in the room to review them.. because they were wall to wall people listening to them!.. as you can see at the bottom of this page.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/the-tokyo-international-audio-show/

Last edited:

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
hmm Ive got some TAD's incoming.. Maybe i should of ordered the Yammies?

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
haha :D
I would but the TAD's cleaned me out.. Better start saving again..

Bobbi

Mar 5, 2016
Can you drive them up for a demo? Not sure I want to take the plunge without a audition..

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
hmm Ive got some TAD's incoming.. Maybe i should of ordered the Yammies?

Hmmm, 10 hour drive for a demo?
Haven't you been listening to AK in this thread???
You're buying the TAD's without a demo, take a risk champ!

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
Well i can confirm that the Yamaha's arent even close to being in the ball park, either are the gryphons for that matter.
But what would l know? First hand experience counts for faaaaaark all these days apparently. post-104726-0-05843900-1467896754.jpeg post-104726-0-72486800-1467856096.jpeg

Smokin' Joe

Jun 6, 2012
Melbourne, Australia.
You know what Bob?
I never did a critical listening A/B of the 1000's compared to the 901's.
Was meaning to do it many an occasion but it never eventuated and now that I've wrestled the big girls into position l now doubt it will I'm sorry.
If l do do a comparison at some stage ill be sure to post it here.

etidbd

Nov 19, 2017
I'm just about to buy some new 901s...I know virtually nothing about hi-fi. A good yamaha receiver would still be ok to power them yeah?

Thanks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing