Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TAD R-1's VS Yamaha NS F901's

Addicted to Best!
    Living On A MAGIC Roller Coaster Ride In My Room With My Tweaked Out Stereo System !...

Exclamation TAD R-1's VS Yamaha NS F901's

Have you all seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6V8BOrrjGg

They start out by playing some music with the TAD R-1's and then 21 minutes into the video the guy comes on stage and puts his hand on top of the Yamaha speakers letting you know they switched to the Yamaha speakers.

When they switched speakers, the Yamaha speakers do sound better in this video !

Addicted to Best!
    Living On A MAGIC Roller Coaster Ride In My Room With My Tweaked Out Stereo System !...
    Here's more info on these speakers

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...product_lineup

I'm going wait until later on this year when these speakers go on closeout to get the best price on them.
    Last edited by Audio_Karma; 06-09-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: more info

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] FrantzM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio_Karma View Post
    Here's more info on these speakers

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...product_lineup

I'm going wait until later on this year when these speakers go on closeout to get the best price on them.
    Page not found reply from Yamaha website. CLICK HERE FOR a working link. Amazon has them

Interesting push from Japanese companies. And before we pooh-pohh them remember they have the chops: TAD is after all Pioneer, Esoteric is Teac... Yamaha has proven they can produce serious products in the past, Sony has made some noise with their speakers, Denon , etc ... Could it be a revival ?
    Frantz

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    —Carl Sagan
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    — E. F. Schumacher
    (mis-attributed to A. Einstein)

Addicted to Best!
    Now your not going hear a difference if your listening to this video above through your computer speakers but if your listening to this video with good headphones like my Audeze LCD-3's then YES! you can hear the differences between these two speakers.

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    A-K

If you like the Yammies, try to get an opportunity to hear Fostex' domestic MG Drivered speakers. They don't look like much but boy they perform.
    Disclosure of Industry Participation

Co-Founder and Managing Director PureSound PH - Exclusive Distributor (Philippines only) of Lamm, Von Schweikert Audio, CH Precision, Light Harmonic, Valvet, Townshend, Critical Mass Systems, EERA, KR Audio, Ambience SS, TechDAS, Master Built, Stromtank

Addicted to Best!
    Someone over on the Audiogon Forum listened to these Yamaha speakers and bought them after hearing them. He was raving about them saying he really didn't need speakers but after hearing them he had to have them. Go over on the Speaker Forum there and look what he said about these Yamaha speakers... Roguemodel is the one that bought these Yamaha speakers.. Did you see the speakers Roguemodel was comparing these Yamaha speakers to? WOW!!! No wonder he bought them!!
    Last edited by Audio_Karma; 08-15-2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: more info

Yamaha is also thoroughly capable of producing excellent DACs, pres, processors and amps. A fully active solution would have been awfully nice.

Tim
    In high-end audio, you can't even fight an opinion with the facts.

Well l have owned both and at the same time.
    Whilst the 901's are are great little speaker they are no match what so ever for the R1's.
    Not ever worth bringing up.
    TAD Reference 1, Gryphon Atlantis, Yamaha NS-1000, Yamaha NS-F901, Wilson Audio Specialties WATCH Dog 2.
    Krell KAS, Gryphon Antileon Sig, Audio Research DS450m, Esoteric C-03X.
    VPI HR-X 3D, Clearaudio Titanium, Nagra VPS, Audio Desk Systeme RCM.
    Oppo 105, Auralec Vega, Chord Hugo, Logitech Touch (Teddy Pardo PSU).
    Akai 747dbx
    Finite Elemente Pagode.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best! DaveC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
    Well l have owned both and at the same time.
    Whilst the 901's are are great little speaker they are no match what so ever for the R1's.
    Not ever worth bringing up.
    No doubt, it's a ridiculous comparison imo. I've never heard an aluminum dome come anywhere close to a beryllium dome, never mind the TAD vapor-deposited Be tweeter... the Yammies are 65 lbs each with two 6.5" woofers. R1s 330 lbs each, 10" woofers... and on and on... Listening may be the only real test but there's simply no possible way the Yammies are going to come even close.

Not to say the Yammies aren't a great value for $4k/pair though...
    Industry Affiliation:
    I own ZenWave Audio
    zenwaveaudio.com
    dave@zenwaveaudio.com
    Furutech Dealer

The 901's are a very good speaker for the price, currently powering them with a Gryphon Antileon Sig power amp and Esoteric C-03X pre and they sound superb as you would expect.
    Imagining and soundstage are very good with the bottom end missing some punch.
    At the moment Im listen to my Gryphon Atlantis through the same system. I know these are a very good speaker but for the life of me l just can warm to them for some reason, (probably because they were a downgrade from the Ref1's) I feel my Sasha's were better sounding to my ears when l owned them.
    For the price the Yamaha's do impress me more than the Atlantis. That being said, the 901's and Atlantis are currently for sale as my second pair of TAD Reference 1 speakers are due at the end of the month.
    Truth be known, l should never have parted with them in the first place.
    The Ref1's are an end game speaker for me.
    Last edited by Smokin' Joe; 06-14-2016 at 07:39 AM.
    TAD Reference 1, Gryphon Atlantis, Yamaha NS-1000, Yamaha NS-F901, Wilson Audio Specialties WATCH Dog 2.
    Krell KAS, Gryphon Antileon Sig, Audio Research DS450m, Esoteric C-03X.
    VPI HR-X 3D, Clearaudio Titanium, Nagra VPS, Audio Desk Systeme RCM.
    Oppo 105, Auralec Vega, Chord Hugo, Logitech Touch (Teddy Pardo PSU).
    Akai 747dbx
    Finite Elemente Pagode.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast