Steve's THE Show 2014 Pictures

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Speaking of planars, did anyone hear the new Sanders Electrostats?

Yes, the system/room sounded very good :cool: The speakers were placed somewhat wider than the prior 2-3 times that I had heard them.
If you can manage sitting in a very confined sweet spot...this may be a speaker to consider :b

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
I'd be interested to hear how they compare to the Apogees of similar size.

Lee

I heard them, these were $18k/pr I think 3rd from the top model but not the smallest. I used to own Apogee Duetta Sigs back in the day when the were current. These speakers look to be sized bewteen the caliper and duetta. I spoke with the importer that brings them in from Greece, he also mfrs the class-d amps that were in use and owns a pr of original duettas.

These are quite dynamic and have none of the bass panel "slap" the Duettas have at loud levels (I had a krell KSA-250 at the time). the importer says these bass panels are uniquely suspended and pistonic through most of its range wereas the Apogees membrane are conventionaly suspended by its edges like a Maggie or most fill in the blank panel speakers. they've been continually improved since '89 and utilize latest material advancements not available back in Apogees day. they played Cassandra Wilson's dance to the drums at loud levels and they impressed. considering the build quality and SQ they seem like a great buy, imo they should be on the short list if you're considering that type of speaker.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I heard them, these were $18k/pr I think 3rd from the top model but not the smallest. I used to own Apogee Duetta Sigs back in the day when the were current. These speakers look to be sized bewteen the caliper and duetta. I spoke with the importer that brings them in from Greece, he also mfrs the class-d amps that were in use and owns a pr of original duettas.

These are quite dynamic and have none of the bass panel "slap" the Duettas have at loud levels (I had a krell KSA-250 at the time). the importer says these bass panels are uniquely suspended and pistonic through most of its range wereas the Apogees membrane are conventionaly suspended by its edges like a Maggie or most fill in the blank panel speakers. they've been continually improved since '89 and utilize latest material advancements not available back in Apogees day. they played Cassandra Wilson's dance to the drums at loud levels and they impressed. considering the build quality and SQ they seem like a great buy, imo they should be on the short list if you're considering that type of speaker.

I reviewed these several years ago, had them in my room for a few months. Thought they were excellent.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

I reviewed these several years ago, had them in my room for a few months. Thought they were excellent.

Thank you! Most interesting!

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com

I used to have the big full-range Apogees. Loved them, but they had a few issues that are well-known. Always interested in updated technology on already-excellent designs.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing