Hint of new Magico products

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
PeterA alerted me to changes coming, so today their website shows this - looks like trickle-down from the Q7 in an enclosure from the S series; if the drivers and crossover are also from the Q series, then I am going to be all over it

Last edited:

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
PeterA alerted me to changes coming, so today their website shows this - looks like trickle-down from the Q7 in an enclosure from the S series; if the drivers and crossover are also from the Q series, then I am going to be all over it

Very interesting, but this does not look like an S cabinet to me. Whatever it is, it looks rather costly…

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Here's an enhanced version

magico-new.jpg

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
As long as it costs more than the S5 I will be happy. If it costs less, and works better, than the S5 I will be unhappy. :)

BiggusD

Nov 10, 2013
When do you think we will know? I don't think that there are any big shows in the near future are they?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

I like the idea of an M project - perhaps also because of room and system, the best Magico sound I ever listened to was using the fabulous M5's.

dafos

Sep 17, 2010
Drivers not bolted on to the baffle like the S series so I'm guessing it will be a rung above.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Drivers not bolted on to the baffle like the S series so I'm guessing it will be a rung above.

I think so too; and I can't really tell scale, looks like a Q5 size but could be bigger

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have admired the Q1s-Q5s for their extraordinary technical delivery...but i found i prefer the whole mix of qualities of the S5 better. The overall 'package' that the S5 delivers is a better suited balance for me, despite the fact that some of the Q qualities remain extraordinary in my mind.

Thus the idea of [potentially] in this newest iteration trying to get the extraordinary technical capabilities in an overall package balanced in a manner similar to S5 would be particularly exciting (to me).

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I have admired the Q1s-Q5s for their extraordinary technical delivery...but i found i prefer the whole mix of qualities of the S5 better. The overall 'package' that the S5 delivers is a better suited balance for me, despite the fact that some of the Q qualities remain extraordinary in my mind.

Thus the idea of [potentially] in this newest iteration trying to get the extraordinary technical capabilities in an overall package balanced in a manner similar to S5 would be particularly exciting (to me).

+1

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
This was post on Mono and Stereo today:

"Magico anniversary M Project is starting to get a form. This is second teaser from the company. Three more days for the complete revelation :)."

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I have been hoping for a curved baffle, curved cabinet design for a while. This looks like a marriage of the S and Q series and a logical evolution of the Mini 2. Perhaps it is the replacement for the Q5. I had hoped something like a Mini Q would be developed, basically an all-aluminum version of the Mini 2 with the curves of the S class and the baffle of the Q series. They could have also built the stand out of all aluminum. I'm impressed with Magico's seemingly relentless pursuit of better sound with new designs.

It is remarkable to me that Magico has developed so many speakers in such a short time and grown to be a major competitor in just ten years. Whether one likes or dislikes the Magico sound, their ascension has been extraordinary.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
When do you think we will know? I don't think that there are any big shows in the near future are they?
Hong Kong AV Show 2014 , Aug 8-10 .

BiggusD

Nov 10, 2013
I hope we don't have to wait that long to find out! Being a huge fan and admirer of Magico, I would love to know which direction they are going in... (hopefully not horns! ;) )

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Very high tech look. Nice if you like that sort of thing. I love the two tone but would prefer something other than black and gray.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing