Hint of new Magico products

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
You got them? What is your first impression? More pics please :)

Nobody has them yet, that photo is from Magico. And purposely taken with a shallow depth of field to tease us!

Motions

Jul 8, 2014

Tand

Nov 26, 2013
Norway
Ok, fooled me :). Any news on when they will start shipping…?

Motions

Jul 8, 2014
Still no confirmation...

Mark Jones

Jul 9, 2014
Expecting the month of November for the first few deliveries, I hope!

JackX

Nov 22, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Haven't scurried thru this tread in full, so bear over me with following:

Would anyone see a Q5 mkII forthcoming within a year or so? Rumors, anyone. Grapewine wellcomed!

Cheers!

David Hyman

Oct 18, 2014
As a Q5 owner, I had a chance to head over to Magico HQ yeserday to be an early beta tester/listen of the new M series. Running off a pair of 200 watt per channel constellation audio amps, i was awfully impressed. At first the upper frequencies seemed to be timid, but what ultimaletly might be happening is i'm just hearing less distortion. Copland's Fanfare for the Common man was exemplary. I went home last night and downloaded the track from HDtracks. Broke my heart that it didn't come close to what I heard on the M. It seemed to offer much of the Q7 in smaller more manageable package.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
As a Q5 owner, I had a chance to head over to Magico HQ yeserday to be an early beta tester/listen of the new M series. Running off a pair of 200 watt per channel constellation audio amps, i was awfully impressed. At first the upper frequencies seemed to be timid, but what ultimaletly might be happening is i'm just hearing less distortion. Copland's Fanfare for the Common man was exemplary. I went home last night and downloaded the track from HDtracks. Broke my heart that it didn't come close to what I heard on the M. It seemed to offer much of the Q7 in smaller more manageable package.

Thanks for the report!

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

What was the preamp?

David Hyman

Oct 18, 2014
More...

Thinking back on the experience and listening more to the Q5, i think i'd go so far as to say the highs were as natural as i've heard. more akin to the feeling you get from a great planar/electrostatic. it was "in the room real" not "high fidelity" real. Not artificially etched or highlighted. just really natural. the kind of natural that would allow for days of listening without fatigue (like the real world!). there were moments i felt that i was transfixed and hypnotized. i had to ask alon for coffee because i thought the experience was sending me into a dream world.

BTW, probably a good time to add a key feeling I have about the Q5 and everyone on this thread who thinks it's too analytical, lean, or that the S series is voiced for more bloom/sweetness...... 95% of you are probably reacting to hearing the speaker underpowered. They need massive power to have them come alive.

David Hyman

Oct 18, 2014
vitus. pacific microsonics dac.

number95

May 14, 2014
Thinking back on the experience and listening more to the Q5, i think i'd go so far as to say the highs were as natural as i've heard. more akin to the feeling you get from a great planar/electrostatic. it was "in the room real" not "high fidelity" real. Not artificially etched or highlighted. just really natural. the kind of natural that would allow for days of listening without fatigue (like the real world!). there were moments i felt that i was transfixed and hypnotized. i had to ask alon for coffee because i thought the experience was sending me into a dream world.

BTW, probably a good time to add a key feeling I have about the Q5 and everyone on this thread who thinks it's too analytical, lean, or that the S series is voiced for more bloom/sweetness...... 95% of you are probably reacting to hearing the speaker underpowered. They need massive power to have them come alive.

Thank you for informing us about your experience with M Project. As Q7 a bit overkill due to size for me, I was going to order Q5 but when I heard the limited edition new M and found myself ordering those. I am glad you liked them :)

Can you please tell which Constellation amps they were? I only know Stereo 1.0 which is 200w/c so where they biamped? Surprised they do not use Centaur or Hercules. Perhaps the new M is more efficient than Q5.

Motions

Jul 8, 2014
David,any clue as to when they start shipping out the 1st pair..Thank you

Mark Jones

Jul 9, 2014
Mark I see you will exhibiting at the TAVES show, what will your set-up consist of.

Sorry, I missed this.

Two rooms, one for static display, a cool place to chat, and an Allnic/Bryston/Audeze headphone demo area.

The second room for listening:

Kronos Limited Edition/ Black beauty/ ZYX Universe II
Allnic H3000 phono-stage
Bryston BDP-2/ Allnic D5000 dac
Tenor Line1/ Power1/ 175s
Tannoy Canterbury GR and/or Magico S3's
Kimber Select cables

Motions

Jul 8, 2014
Has anyone received their pair of M project?Expecting mine to be delivered in Dec.

number95

May 14, 2014
Has anyone received their pair of M project?Expecting mine to be delivered in Dec.

I have received an email from Magico recently to inform that shipment for my speakers delayed to January.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I have received an email from Magico recently to inform that shipment for my speakers delayed to January.

Did they say why?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing