Hint of new Magico products

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
not very surprising. We are talking about a small company, developing all technology in house, from drivers to cabinet. For sure problems happen when you move from prototype to production and that can create a few weeks delays. Moreover, we cannot expect them being able to ship the 50 pairs in a month....
Of course building a MDF speaker with off the shelves drivers is easier, but it wouldn't sound like a Magico...

I had a similar experience buying a super high end carbon bike frame: 4 months delays on delivery. Was very frustrating, but fast forgotten when I had a pleasure to ride an amazing machine.

+1

Motions

Jul 8, 2014
M project in Paris premiering in Paris on 29th November....

Attachments

• 10317824_747047778675680_8574637229887353922_o.jpg
    10317824_747047778675680_8574637229887353922_o.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

Motions

Jul 8, 2014
10317824_747047778675680_8574637229887353922_o.jpg

They are Gorgeous looking,most beautiful pair of speakers from Magico thus far,can't wait for this baby to land in my room....Do not understand french but i think they are using the same set of amps Soulution 701 mono,that i am using..

stereo

Sep 1, 2012
yes, powered by Soulution 701. I will be in Paris the 28 evening, I may go there for a listening

wgerman

Jul 4, 2012
Back to the OP, has anyone heard anything about upcoming new models from Magico? What we may see at CES.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
I guess the M-project.... it has never been presented before in a show

December at the best audioshop of the Netherlands (Rhapsody). Really looking forward to hearing this beauty. Will it surpass the Q7, my all time favourite? Who will tell but it will be fun :p:)

EricDH

May 18, 2013
Abu Dhabi - UAE
December at the best audioshop of the Netherlands (Rhapsody). Really looking forward to hearing this beauty. Will it surpass the Q7, my all time favourite? Who will tell but it will be fun :p:)

Well in a couple of days the Q7 will also be demonstrated in the Netherlands. So this will be a nice opportunity for interested people to hear both speakers within a month.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well in a couple of days the Q7 will also be demonstrated in the Netherlands. So this will be a nice opportunity for interested people to hear both speakers within a month.

Please share comments...i have never heard them but will at some point. Meanwhile, its fun to read people's impressions about these.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Definitely post comments afterwards! Have fun.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010

Hi, Where is the Q7 demo? And when?
cheers Wim

EricDH

May 18, 2013
Abu Dhabi - UAE
Hi, Where is the Q7 demo? And when?
cheers Wim

Wim,

It is at Chattelin Audio in Den Haag. Tuesday 25 November. Check with them if you can still join....
It will be with a complete Soulution set-up (and, I expect, top of the line MIT cables).

What is quite special: Magico's Alon Wolf will be present, as well as someone from Soulution.

Cheers,
Eric.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Wim,

It is at Chattelin Audio in Den Haag. Tuesday 25 November. Check with them if you can still join....
It will be with a complete Soulution set-up (and, I expect, top of the line MIT cables).

What is quite special: Magico's Alon Wolf will be present, as well as someone from Soulution.

Cheers,
Eric.

Hi Eric,
pity. Won't be able to make it this Tuesday. But: ENJOY!!!
Groetjes,
Wim

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Would love to have visited the demo, but I am living in the UAE now....

Got it...well, we'll both have to look for the comments from those who attend...have you ever heard the Q7s?

EricDH

May 18, 2013
Abu Dhabi - UAE
Got it...well, we'll both have to look for the comments from those who attend...have you ever heard the Q7s?

No, never heard the Q7s. I did hear the Q5s though, and these are for me (so far) the absolute benchmark.

Here in the UAE Magico is not imported. So, no chance to get any demo's any more. I just bought the S1s used from someone in the US. We are sorting out shipment at the moment. Can't wait to have them here....

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
No, never heard the Q7s. I did hear the Q5s though, and these are for me (so far) the absolute benchmark.

Here in the UAE Magico is not imported. So, no change to get any demo's any more. I just bought the S1s used from someone in the US. We are sorting out shipment at the moment. Can't wait to have them here....

Congrats...let us know how they are when you've got them setup. enjoy!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Wow, wonderful pictures. I'm surprised by two things. The use of Transparent Audio cables with Magico speakers and those outriggers supporting the M Project. The carbon sexy/curvy cable network boxes kind of go with the curves of the speakers, I just have not seen Transparent and Magico paired together very often. All of the previous photos that I have seen show the speaker sitting directly on the floor like the S5 does. Are those supports part of the speaker or an accessory?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing