Special Announcement: WBF Donations

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hello everyone.

As some of you know, we created WBF Forum as a place we could all hang out and have cordial conversations about all things that interest us from audio to food. It has been our privilege to be your hosts and see and learn from your contributions.

So far we have done so without any source of revenue. Alas the expenses of the forum have been accumulating and becoming quite significant. The expenses are now in thousands of dollars since inception due to the cost of the software, its maintenance, and hosting. And of course the cost is ongoing.

At this point in the evolution of the forum we thought it makes sense to lean on generosity of our membership to help offset our expenses using a donation system. Of course contributions are voluntary. To the extent you are finding value in the forum, we hope that you contribute whatever amount you see fit to help us continue to run the forum into the future.

There is now a "Donate" button next to "What's New; Forum" at the top of the forum. You can also reach it with this link: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/pay.html

As you see there, we are using Paypal for donations. Once you select an amount from the drop down menu, it will take you to the standard Paypal login and then cart. You can change the "quantity" there to modify the set dollar amounts. For example if you like to donate $40, you can select $20 and then choose 2 of that line item. Their software is written for purchasing things and is not the best interface for donations.

Thank you for your generous support of WBF Forum.

Steve and Amir

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
All you gotta do is ask!

Pleasure to contribute

Thank you here is my Confirmation PP#

7S934116W0806710R

Keep up the great work

BruceD

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I just donated. I can't say how much I hate paypal. I use it ONLY if I have to.

I wanted to pay directly by credit card but the webpage would not let me because the email and credit card number I used was the same as what paypal has on file.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I just donated. I can't say how much I hate paypal. I use it ONLY if I have to.

I wanted to pay directly by credit card but the webpage would not let me because the email and credit card number I used was the same as what paypal has on file.
Thank you Gary. I share your hatred for their software and system. I had to fight it every step of the way to get this to work. Once it just hung and then gave me a "server error." You would expect the server for a one-man show to have such bugs, not a major corporation.

Anyway, hope you all put up with it.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Just did

PM . to Steve and Amir

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Thank you Gary. I share your hatred for their software and system. I had to fight it every step of the way to get this to work. Once it just hung and then gave me a "server error." You would expect the server for a one-man show to have such bugs, not a major corporation.

Anyway, hope you all put up with it.

Well, as I only use paypal it to make payments I really appreciate it - it was a five second affair to contribute to WBF. If I had to go through a cumbersome process to do it I would be less generous. :)

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Glad to help the team! I just donated :)

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
I'll do it later, can't from work (lunchtime now), but this caught my eye (below) -- looks like zztop7 contributed, then fell asleep (zzzzzz....)? :)

It is done.

zz.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Do we get like a free t-shirt?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing